PDA

View Full Version : New Weigh-it Team

billr
08-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Hi Fellow DRV folks!

As some may know, Stacey and Gail Frank have been dedicated to weighing your Suites for the past 8yrs! They have done great work in respect to safety, information and providing help in setting up rigs for proper balance. Stacey and Gail have decided to retire from this venture and enjoy life in the sun!

Joan and I (Bill) have know the Frank's since they weighed our rig at the very first SOITC rally in Goshen Indiana in 2006. They were immediate friends! We had the pleasure of spending some time with them this past winter and convinced them to transfer the business to us!

Joan and I have owned 5th wheels since 1992 and have owned a Mobile Suite 38RL3 since 2006. I have a background in Aircraft Maintenance for 33 yrs, so weight and balance and safety is not a new concept. I am confident that in short order we will be up to speed with weighing units and providing the same great service Stacey and Gail have done for everyone. We do have the data base for the past weighing jobs so if anyone needs any info please contact us, we will be happy to provide anything we have.

During the Summer months the scales will be located in Sault Ste Marie Ontario Canada at our KOA campground. http://koa.com/campgrounds/sault-ste-marie/ We can weigh you here in the park.

We do plan to be in Florida this winter, if you'd like to meet up with us there!

We will update the web site soon for Weigh-it http://weighit.tripod.com/, our location, phone, and email will be posted there.

We are very much looking forward to serving your weighing needs!

Cheers,
Bill and Joan

Stripit
08-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Hey Weigh-It Team, can I start asking questions yet??? This is my favorite: "Is my truck big enough, it has a diesel ya know? I never weighed the trailer, but the truck pulls it fine"!!!!! Why should I weigh-it I still have empty cabinets inside? Do ya think it will be OK if I hang my Harley on the back of the trailer as we really want to take the bike with us...

We're extremely happy for you to be the New Weigh-It Guy (& Gal). Really can't have a better team to carry on...well... carryin' on, eh? If you only have half as much fun Gail & I had you're going to have a blast. So many nice folks out there and you'll have a great reason to meet them..... safety.
Wishing you all the best
Stacey & Gail
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stacey & Gail
E.W.I.G. (Ex-Weigh-It-Guy)
'04 36 TK3 / SOITC #1341
'99 Int'l LoPro MDT
See Bill & Joan's New Adventure http://weighit.tripod.com

bstark
08-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Just noticed your post over on the "other" site Bill.

Congratualtions to you and Joan on your new endeavour; should be a great fit for your various talents and skill sets.

And to Stacy and Gail also go congratulations for joining the ranks of the "professionally retired and luv'n the concept" crowd.

Good on ya! :wink:

duckbill56
08-05-2012, 06:58 AM
I will be in Brimley over the Labor Day weekend, Are you going to be at the park.

billr
08-05-2012, 07:47 AM
I will be in Brimley over the Labor Day weekend, Are you going to be at the park.
We will be at the park in the Soo. It's an hour from where you are. If you have time and can enter Canada, come on up!

Cheers,
Bill

Motor31
08-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Stacey, congrats on your retirement! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Pity the new guys are so far away.

rotaxman
08-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Congrats to you both Stacey and Gail on retirement and Bill and Joan on their new business.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry

ponch
08-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Congrats to you both Stacey and Gail on retirement and Bill and Joan on their new business.

I know Bill and Joan well enough to know that they will do the business justice.

Stacy n Gail miss you guys hope we run into each other again!!!

Stripit
08-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Thanks to Mike, Jerry & Ponch for their good wishes It will be fun....we always have fun!

Bill & Joan are great folks and will do an awesome job. Can't imagine a better couple for this endeavor....they're smart, funny & knowledgeable. And, they have great dogs......!

Jack in Alaska
09-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Stacey & Gail,

Congratulations on your retirement. It is a great job after working.
As a man on a boating blog says: "Retired......Work is None of My Business".

As we are essentially across the road neighbors in the winter maybe a lunch or a beer by the RV would be in order.

Jack & Carolyn

duckbill56
09-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Hi Bill,
You were right on the border crossing, He asked me alot of questions. Why I had to go to Canada to get it weighted. Thanks again for the information on the unit and truck.

billr
09-12-2012, 02:40 PM
You're welcome! Was a pleasure meeting you and weighing your rig! Safe travels!!

Cheers,
Bill