PDA

View Full Version : Winegard motorized antenna

rotaxman
05-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Anyone had their motorized antenna stop raising, lowering, and rotating??

A friend of mine has had his stop working on his 2010 Mobile Suite. We think it is probably the control box gone bad as we could not get any power leaving the control box to the antenna.

Thanks for any info

As always good camping.

Joyce and Jerry

jcasey
05-19-2012, 05:38 PM
I have a new, never-used, control box for the Wineqard "Traveler" antenna. I also have all the cables, also unused. I almost forgot to include the dome itself. The reason I have them is I totally wiped out the dish and all the brackets! They are available for a reasonable "song." I can give more details if needed.

soos
05-19-2012, 11:21 PM
ours stopped working on our 2012 MS. we called Winegard and they sent us a new one.

Sue

Motor31
05-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Do you hear the motors working on the unit when you try to set it up? I ask because on mine I had the traverse gear, the one that rotates it side to side, break. The drive gear came apart so it wouldn't move. If you tried to raise it the breeze would move the unit and lock out the park sequence. I had to go up to the roof and push it back to the park angle and Nancy then pushed the park button to get it to lower. The gears are plastic and a common failure item for the units.

Previously (about 2 years ago) I had called winegard about the unit. They told me it was obsolete and they didn't make parts for it any more. Last November I checked online and found a parts catalogue. The gear kit has all 4 gears for traverse and elevation. It was only about $15.00 and got to me in less than 2 weeks. Swapping them out is simple as long as you have a small pulley / gear puller to remove the drive gears from the motor shafts. You'll also need a small allen wrench to use for locking it into place on the shaft.

I got it fixed but unfortunately the darn thing is incompatible with my new direct tv box. Silly thing won't stop once the signal is located, it keeps on seeking.

Pat L.
06-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Hi ALL,
I am Pat Laurendine (Pat L.) and Jerry was talking about my antenna. It is the standard roof mount for use when no cable is available, [What I call rough camping]. It worked fine while we were at the factory until the last morning and it got stubborn. Then it started to work again. If it ain't broke the factory can't fix it. I will call the factory Monday and get the word.
Jerry thanks for all of your help. Nice to know that Suite Owners are around to help others when traveling.
Pat