PDA

View Full Version : Furnace

RonS
02-10-2012, 10:34 AM
My furnace had quit working and repairman wants to install another thermostate, out side of the cabnet. I would then have two, one for both ACs and other for furnace. Their must be a better way. He said most likely a wire came loose. Also said to unplug my Charge wizard as batteries getting 14.75 of charge which was too much. I have been using it for years and this is first time any thing w/battery became issue. I will check both 6V batteries now that wizzard has been unpluged overnight and see how much V I have in each.

Any ideas????????? I have not given him the go ahead yet. Dont want an exposed thermostate like entry level RVs.

Thanks........... Ron

jas24
02-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Ron,
If it was me I wouldn't want that either.
If the thermostat is bad, why not replace it with one like the original one.
Seems like IF a wire came loose, it would be easier to find the loose wire than install another thermostat.

Not sure what to tell you, other than I wouldn't do that either....

Good Luck

RonS
02-11-2012, 01:02 PM
The thermostat was not the issue was a bad wire or connection. Tech came back said he thought of another area to check went up on roof and looked under AC cover, said the wires for both the furnace and AC were hooked to a circuit board which was bad. New board ordered will find out next week if that fixed furnace. I do think this will fix everything back to original, will find out when new board is installed. Also said AC cover cracked where screwed to roof from the sun so one also on order.

RonS
02-15-2012, 12:45 PM
New board fixed the problem all back to original and working now.

golf_bears
02-16-2012, 09:00 AM
Ron,

Happy to hear you're good to go! Thanks for posting the fix, helps all of us.