PDA

View Full Version : Complete fluid change to Amsoil

5thwheeler
08-15-2005, 12:02 PM
We just changed both front & rear ends, transmission (NV5600 6spd.), transfer case and crankcase fluids replacing them all with Amsoil.
As bad as we are at remembering when to change the fluids we figured we may as well switch to the leading synthetic on the market and eliminate any possibilities of damage caused by a fluid with too many miles.
It was kind of expensive to do but when you take into account the longer drain intervals its actually cheaper. They claim dramatic mileage improvments but I remain somewhat shy - time will tell.

Hobo
08-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Let us know if you do find a change in your MPG with the change.
I use their enging oil with bypass filters so I dont have to change oil, simply chang the filters and add a quart here and there. Go Amoil

5thwheeler
08-16-2005, 07:45 AM
I sure will but I'm not expecting a difference, it would be nice and a plus but I really only changed for the added protection and extended drain intervals.
We also installed the bypass kit with the BE110 filter which added a quart to the system.

Jack in Alaska
08-29-2005, 02:08 AM
I just finished servicing my truck for a 10k mile trip. The truck has 154k on it and i want it to last.
Amsoil in both diff's, Mopar fluid in 5 speed and Pennsoil ATF in x-fer case. The service manager at our Dodge shop, who is also an Amsoil dealer, told me that any good grade of ATF in the x-fer case is fine.
I use Shell Rotella synthetic in the engine. Buy it at Walmart.

metzgesr3jjl
05-04-2011, 04:31 PM
I swear by Amsoil, work and know alot of folks in the racing community in northern Midwest (MI, WI, Minn) and they turned me on to it. Seen it first hand in Snocross racing sleds and it takes a beating but works incredibly well! Engines run cooler, quieter and noticed a 2 mpg difference in my 02 Dodge 2500. Costs more but less frequent oil changes is worth it!

Joezilla
08-08-2011, 10:08 AM
I had the engine oil in my Dodge 5500 changed to Amisol in April. I'm going to enjoy not having to have it done again for about 10,000 miles. I haven't noticed any changes in MPG's or anything. I need to have the 4x4 differentials done in synthetics also.

Joe