PDA

View Full Version : Brake question??

Joezilla
11-15-2011, 10:24 AM
When we ordered our 2012 SS 38TKSB3, we knew it would come with the 8000 lb axles and 17.5" wheels and J rated Michelin tires. We are spending the morning doing all our warranty cards. I have come across a warranty card for Kodiak disc brakes. We didn't order disc brakes, but are now wondering if disc brakes came with the heavier components on the 38 foot trailer. How would I find out if I indeed have disc brakes? Do I need a different brake controller? My current one is just a cheapy electric controller that came with the truck.

Joe

billr
11-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Unless DRV has changed things, when you get the Upgraded susp with 17.5" wheels and on the MS it was std on all 38' you get disc brakes.

If you have the trailer have a peek at the wheels, you can see the discs. If you don't have it yet, call DRV and ask what they put on.

Don't know what controller you have, contact Kodiak and see what they say is compatable. Might be time to upgrade to a better quality controller. P3 is good for Elec/Hyd use.

Bill

wingnut60
11-15-2011, 03:50 PM
I don't think you can get the upgrade suspension WITHOUT the disc brakes. Easy to spot, slide under and look at the wheel--you can easily see the calipher/rotor assembly.
But you need to be looking for a better controller--Brakesmart would be one to start with...
Joe

wingnut60
11-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Joe,
Check your PMs.
Joe