PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling Fluor. fixture

Jack in Alaska
11-08-2011, 11:55 PM
My 2004 MS has 3 of these 2 bulb fixtures on the bedroom ceiling and one on the living area ceiling.
The living area fixture will not come on when the wall switch is activated until I give the fixture a whack. Then it stays on for a minute or two and goes out. Both bulbs are new, I have taken it loose and find nothing wrong.

Anyone have an idea of the problem????
Is there a LED or halogen fixture that could replace it giving off the same light????

Jack in Alaska (wintering in Casa Grande, Az.)

jas24
11-09-2011, 06:40 AM
I had the same problem with the light over the table at one time.

Sometimes it would work when turned on and sometimes it would not.

Mine was at the fuse box where the wire was connected........
It was not making contact all the time.

Good Luck

netjam
11-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Jack....my 07 had fixtures made by Command Electronics. The fixture electronics would go like that and eventually quit all together. I replaced 5-6 fixtures before converting to LED. (fixtures were about $40 from DRV) The LED conversion was easy but costly. (around $35 each for LED tubes to replace the florescents...minimal rewiring of fixture also required)

Motor31
11-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Sounds like the ballast in the fixture has gone out. Before you replace it check for any loose connections in the wiring at the fixture.

hitchup
11-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Have you checked inside the wall switch itself? We've had loose wires show up years later.

We replaced our living rm ceiling fixtures in July. Had replaced the factory ones in 2010 because they were overheating and caused a burn mark in the plastic ceiling. The factory sent us 2 identical brand and they were beginning to darken inside.

So I looked online and found Tweety's had the cheapest price for long 30W that would use the F15T8 bulbs. Went with Thin-light brand (51-8122) Made in USA, instead of factory installed Made in China. Because of the burn marks, we had to get the long Euro-style again.

Tweety's had fast service. Once again, PPL is $10 each higher.

http://tweetys.com/search.aspx?find=55-8122

Jack in Alaska
11-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Leaving it hung with only 2 screws and let them slightly loose it works fine.
Switch and wiring ok......????????

Life is good.

A new 43' MS in our park today. A beauty.