PDA

View Full Version : Frame and Big Foot

MCraven210
11-03-2011, 08:35 AM
We just purchased a 2004 Mobile Suites 36CK3. I wondering if Lippert made the frames back then. I have read that they void the warrenty if you install a Big Foot system. No issue for us, but has any one else used the Big Foot system or should i be looking at the Level Up.

Thanks

Stripit
11-03-2011, 08:53 AM
My 2004 unit has a Lealand frame and I have met a fellow that did install a Big Foot leveling system on his 2004. Seems to work perfectly.

USA in a Chevrolet
11-03-2011, 09:31 AM
One advantage of Level Up is the 6 point leveling system.

rotaxman
11-03-2011, 10:03 AM
I've got level up on this junk 09 and it goes right along with the trailer. Level up isn't in the same league as Big Foot.

I have two friends that have Big Foot on their Hitchhiker's and they work without any problem Big Foot has been around for a long time. Top notch product.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry

wingnut60
11-03-2011, 11:15 AM
I would not think there is any frame warranty period left on a 2004 model?
Joe

billr
11-03-2011, 11:21 AM
We just purchased a 2004 Mobile Suites 36CK3. I wondering if Lippert made the frames back then. I have read that they void the warrenty if you install a Big Foot system. No issue for us, but has any one else used the Big Foot system or should i be looking at the Level Up.

Thanks

Since you have an 04 and no hdy already on board, the level up will be more costly that a normal upgrade on a unit that already has Hyd jacks and slides. It may be very close if not more than Big Foot.

Most everyone that uses Bigfoot seem to like it just fine. Have seen it on all sorts of trailers. I am sure Lippert will tell you no. But Warranty is not your concern anyway.

Call DRV and ask who made your frame for your S/N and that info given to Bigfoot should be enough to let them decide if it will work or not. I doubt they will install and warranty the system if they think it will be an issue on your unit. I would deal directly with and have Bigfoot install the system, no dealers.

With so many issues with the Level up I have heard about and the many issues with Lippert itself, I would stay away. JMHO

Bill

john
11-03-2011, 11:47 AM
I have a 2006 and wanted to install Big Foot but Big Foot said no because of my frame....

The View 5046
11-03-2011, 01:20 PM
I think Big foot is a good system if you have a 12" frame. If not the issue will be frame twist. The Big foot system only uses four Hydraulic Jacks unless they have added two more. With four jacks you could have a issue..

As for the Lippert 6 hydraulic jacks I have had two Mobile Suites with the Level Up System by Lippert and no issues. There have been some issues with the Level Up system. There is nothing man made that don't have issues...

I have owned 6 5th wheels and all have had the Lippert frames and slide rooms never a issue. As for which system would be the best can't answer that, but I prefer the 6 Hydraulic Jacks vs four jacks.. The Lippert system is designed were there can be no frame twist.

I have no problem buying Lippert products, and if you don't buy Lippert products your choice of a 5th wheel is very limited... But by all means buy what makes you happy, and unhappy camper is not good.. Happy Trails.....

MCraven210
11-03-2011, 05:24 PM
My king pin says Lealand. I did not know if that was the manufacture of the frame or the king pin. I'm not concerned about the warranty. I'm sure there is none remaining. I would like to install the Big Foot. From what I have read that's an issue with some of the newer model. Just didn't know if it was a problem for the older ones.

Thanks for the imput.

RickandJanice
11-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe DRV used Lealand frames through 2005 and then switched to Lippert in 2006. The Lealand frames were allot heavier, but I would still prefer a six point level system over a four point.

Our 2006 is a Lippert frame and we have had no issues. Installed Level-up last spring and really love it. Advantage is that by using a single pump system, Level-up is designed to maintain even pressure on all six points while leveling the rig to prevent any twisting. Had front jack issue after installing Level-up but Lippert stood behind the product and replaced old front pistons at no additional cost to us. I feel Lippert stood behind their product and took good care of us.

wingnut60
11-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Our 2005 has a Lippert frame...
Joe

Motor31
11-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Our 2005 is also lippert frame / slide/ jack product.