PDA

View Full Version : Trailair Tri Glide

JPHarris
10-13-2011, 05:39 AM
I was out looking the unit over today. When I looked at the pin box whice is a Lippert Tri Glide Pin Box, I notiched 2 of the 3 pins/bolts are borken inside the lower jaw, plus 2 of the welds on the outside are broken. This is leaving 1 pin holding the lower jaw in place. If that last pin was to break while towing I think the trailer would have been gone. Called Lippert to get new pin/bolts, they won's sell them to me. I have to buy entire new lower jaw @ $1305.95
I am so sick of Lippert junk.

billr
10-13-2011, 07:43 AM
Don't know if you called Trail Air (owned by Lippert) but ran by Dale Fenton. If not, try them. They are really good normally. They should stand behind your pin box.

Bill

JPHarris
10-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Yes called TrailAir, no help what so ever. here's your option, buy new lower jaw for $1304.95 good bye.
That's the reply I received.

Dick D
10-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Everyone needs to inspect the TriGlides closely. As I've said on here before, they will break. They must be inspected closely, not just glanced at, but a good close inspection of the welds & pins. Anything that can slam forward and backwards at every stop and hill with 17,000 lbs behind it, creates a lot of impact on parts.
They are not nearly as safe as a "solid pin" box.

RonS
10-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Another thing I just took for granted, will check mine over today.
Thanks........................Ron

chevman
10-13-2011, 03:11 PM
It seems like lippert makes a mess on everything they get involved with.
chevman :x :x :x

billr
10-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Wow, a real eye opener then with Trailair. I always had good service from them. Also some friends did too. That is disappointing. You may try to talk with Dale there. Unless thats who you did speak with.

It sounds like the Tri Glide may just not be the thing to have any way. I see a lot of Moride pin box attachments on rigs and they seem to have a good setup.

While I don't need one with the HDT towing, no chucking here... If I was in a pickup I would be interested in the Moride.

Bill

RonS
10-13-2011, 06:46 PM
JPHarris can you post a picture of your broken bolts. I never was able to get any grease into the front slider bar and cant see any bolts in their, but I guess if they were broken they would be hanging down??

The View 5046
10-13-2011, 09:15 PM
For those who don't know Dale Fenton is no longer with Trailair sold out to Lippert.... Happy Trails...

john
10-14-2011, 08:41 AM
traded my Trailair for the moy-ride within one year of having my trailer. A very good choice...

RickandJanice
10-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Moryde is definitely a superior product. Never wanted a TrailAir due to all the moving parts and needing to always adjust the air bag. Moryde will install a superior product for about 1/2 the price. I added air bags to the our truck to smooth out the ride and these can be easily adjusted from inside the cab with an on-board compressor. Overall cost of air bags, compressor and Moryde pin box is probably equal to a TrailAir but I believe more reliable and easier to maintain.

billr
10-14-2011, 09:56 PM
For those who don't know Dale Fenton is no longer with Trailair sold out to Lippert.... Happy Trails...

Lippert bought out Trail air about 4 yrs ago, but Dale stayed on to run the division. I had to order an airbag from them last March and he and his daughter still were there. Has that changed?

Bill

RickandJanice
10-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Dale kept the TrailAir Service Center portion of the business until Lippert could get their service center set up and ready to run. Then this past May, the service center portion also moved to Lippert along with Ron. I had Level-Up installed at TrailAir Service Center in April and then when we had problems in June, had to take it to Lippert to have it fixed. Ron did the installation at TrailAir and then was at Lippert to do the repair so this is where I got "the rest of the story". Dale also announced at the Rally in June that he had "officially retired".

Jimfla
10-15-2011, 07:42 AM
I have tri glide the only time it moves is when you stop and start it is useless , the air bag works ok but that is it. I think I will weld my tri glide solid so it can't move or brake off.
Next stop will be get rid of the center point suspention and get mor-ride IS had that on previous 3 trailers no comparison no maintance 4 grease fittings to grease once a year.
Jim

boobytrap
10-16-2011, 12:54 PM
I was out looking the unit over today. When I looked at the pin box whice is a Lippert Tri Glide Pin Box, I notiched 2 of the 3 pins/bolts are borken inside the lower jaw, plus 2 of the welds on the outside are broken. This is leaving 1 pin holding the lower jaw in place. If that last pin was to break while towing I think the trailer would have been gone. Called Lippert to get new pin/bolts, they won's sell them to me. I have to buy entire new lower jaw @ $1305.95
I am so sick of Lippert junk.

JP
PLEASE do us all a favor. Send your info. to every "help fourm "
you can find... Trailer Life , ect. You WELL get your money back. Those
hitches should never brake and if your trailer came off and somebody was killed
it would cost Lippert millions ! They should send out a recall a.s.a.p. so
this won;t happen . Yours is not the only one out there.
You are correct about "Lippert junk " I have a long list myself. Seems
all they care about is there 1 million dollor yearly wage .