PDA

View Full Version : A Word to the Wise for Weber Baby Q's

rdunk
10-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Since I know a lot of you use the Baby Q grill, I thought I would pass along something I just learned.

Well, I still use our Baby Q, even though we now live in a "stick place". I needed new cleaning tools. so I went to Wally W. for them. I picked up a couple of scrub pads, and a multi-steel brush with a scraper. Leaving the grill area, I went on into the store, and had a thought - "there is probably a hand scraper in the general tool area that might work".

The rest of the story - I bought a black/yellow Stanley "glass and tile" hand scraper, which has a very short handle. I have use it on the grill, and it is the very best tool I have ever used for cleaning the Baby Q grate. I mean, it works perfectly!!!! With the Baby Q grates being flat on top, it really does clean them well.

While this scraper probably works for other grills too, it may not work quite as well for round-rod type grates.

Just passing the info along, in case some of you might want to give the Stanley scraper a try, on the "Q"!!

golf_bears
10-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Robert, have you got a picture of the Stanley scraper you're suggesting?

Thanks.

rdunk
10-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Hey, I don't have a pic, but i certainly can post a link for you, to see it.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-Glass-and-Tile-Scrapers-scraper-glass-tile-4in/15691326

Like I said, At Wally W. it is on the vertical rack in the small hand tools area.

golf_bears
10-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Robert, thanks for the link.