PDA

View Full Version : hot wire top rear of Mobile Suite

Stickbender
09-26-2011, 07:13 AM
I am wanting to hook up a camera to rear of Suite and wonder how to find a hot wire near top rear. Hoping someone out there has done this already and can save me some headaches.

The View 5046
09-26-2011, 08:48 AM
I would call Drv, our 2010 has a rear hardwired Camera and it was installed by Drv. But there is hot wires at the rear for the rear lights and the scare lights. Good Luck....

porkchop
09-26-2011, 01:50 PM
I don't know if the factory installs the hot wire for the camera unless you request it but the factory will surely tell you.
The wires for the rear lights and scare lights are not hot wires. They are switched wires.
Bill

rotaxman
09-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Like Porkchop said but the switched wire would be no problem all you would have to do is turn your parking lights on when you wanted to back up which would turn the camera on.

I did that with an aftermarket backup camera on my 06.

As always good camping.

Joyce and Jerry

BobW
09-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Here is what I did. I used the 12 v that goes to one of the rear nav lights. Of course you need to have your running lights on. I had to run a video cable under the trailer all the way to the front.

Motorcycle Jack
09-28-2011, 07:24 PM
When I was at the factory to see ours being built they ran the power and video cable threw the roof. Maybe it is in there somewhere, I would call DRV to find out.

BobW
10-02-2011, 10:58 AM
When I was at the factory to see ours being built they ran the power and video cable threw the roof. Maybe it is in there somewhere, I would call DRV to find out.

Big job. Hope your in for the long haul.

Okie
10-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Mine is powered from the plug on the truck.

Okie

01zeosix
10-05-2011, 04:45 AM
The rear camera on my MS is powered through the connection on the truck, too. (12v/grnd/video/spare video) The DRV factory installed camera cabling runs from the camera connection forward (through the roof) to the pin box but, you should be able to run the cabling down the rear driver's side and under the RV to the pin box.

My camera/monitor is a "Zone Defense" system. Fantastic people to work with. Very good customer service. Had to rewire the truck recently and not only did they point me to a source to purchase their cabling but, helped me with what I needed. Customer service also assisted me along the way to be certain everything worked correctly. Zone Defense comes highly recommended.

I am so impressed with the company's customer service that I am going to add two side cameras (left and right) and a 4th. over my license plate bracket. Their website is here (http://www.zonedefensetruck.com/en/url). I purchased all the parts needed for my retrofit from this reseller (http://www.ultrarev.com/zone-defense-truck//url) online (they were also great to work with).

Hope this helps you some.