PDA

View Full Version : RV Fog Dr

anijet
09-01-2011, 05:54 PM
A few weeks ago we noticed both large windows in the door side slide were foggy between the panes. The seals had started to move out of position toward the window centers. Any type of special deal on replacement windows was rejected by 3 different Hehr representatives. With a little research we found the RV Fog Dr in Searcy, AR. I called and made an appt. for this last Monday. Sunday we drove down to Searcy and parked at one of the 6 full 50 amp hookup sites (3 are accessible for large rigs). Monday morning we were told they misunderstood on the phone and they can't repair windows in a MS. I was disappointed and after talking for a while I told him I had information that owners had replaced their own windows and it didn't look difficult. I suggested he pull the outside glass seal out and take a look. He did so carefully and found they come out easily. We had them both repaired and are very happy with the results. We watched the process and materials used and I think this fix will outlast us. He has turned down several MS requests not knowing how they could be removed. So, if you are one who has been turned down, try again.

Credit goes to Joe Dobry who sent information on removing the windows after doing the job himself. Thank you Joe!

wingnut60
09-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Well, everything I learned about the windows came from someone else on this forum, and the SOITC forum.

It is also very helpful to learn of this place to have the cloudiness removed without replacing the panes--thank you for that info.

I am currently working on fixing my door side slide mechanism, also with advice from rverdlm and others on this forum.

Thanks,
Joe

hitchup
09-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Thanks for being the Guinea Pig and being persistant.

We've not encoutered this problem yet, so will add this to my list if issue ever does come up.

Their website shows the process: http://rvfogdr.com/pix1.htm

missourijan
09-02-2011, 12:05 PM
We already had plans to head to this repair shop. We had 3 windows replaced before Hehr & Drv decided not to continue replacing. I have 4 more that have gone bad. This shop was recommended by someone we met in Utah with a huge American Eagle MH. There is also another shop, Suncoast Designers in Hudson, FL that has good reviews for repairing foggy windows.

Jim1941
09-02-2011, 03:19 PM
We had a apointment this spring and went hundreds of miles out of our way to have it done.After we got there we paid for a site in a nearby rv park then went there unhooked.We drove to walmart and while there they called to say they couldn't do it to a Mobile Suites.Wish we had tried to talk them into trying it as you did.

RonS
09-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Cost ???