PDA

View Full Version : Sink is loose again

anijet
08-24-2011, 08:16 AM
After traveling through Ok City and on to Tulsa the roads jarred our sink loose again. Last time I spent a lot of time in prep before reinstalling it. I don't remember what adhesive I used but am hoping someone knows what is the best product to use. Also, if anyone has any tips to pass along. I really don't want to have to do this a third time.

Also, if someone could explain to me why we work on sections of interstate and other roads that don't seem too bad and ignore the really rough areas.

The View 5046
08-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Sorry about your sink issue. I would call Drv and see what type glue they are using. We had our sink out in 2010 and what ever glue they used has worked.

As for Oklahoma City roads, yes they are extremely ruff in fact we have decided to go back thru Kansas I-70 to get back to home base in Tennessee. As you know they are trying to repair the roads in Okie city. Plus we met a couple her in Colorado and they live in Kansas and we want to drop in and visit in route back home..

And it also gave us a excuse to come back to Colorado, from Northern New Mexico, we really like Buena Vista, Colorado and are thinking of returning here next Summer... Good Luck on your sink repair. Happy Trails...

wingnut60
08-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Somewhere in this forum is a thread that lists a sink support kit that has been used by some to keep this from happening.
I believe the kit was found by Terry Miller (terry and jo) and suggested to DRV to use. It is a common item at Lowes?
Joe

Walt
08-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Joe,

It was Oscar and me that came up with the sink support from Lowe's. Here is the link to the information.

http://www.suitesowners.com/forums/showthread.php?1843-2010-MS-kitchen-sink-fallout!

Walt

anijet
08-24-2011, 12:54 PM
With an extra day in Tulsa, I'm off to HD or Lowes for a mount kit and glue. Thanks to those that replied so quickly and to Walt for the SOITC link.

Walt
08-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Leo,

I'm not sure HD has the support kit but Lowe's does. What a job to install!!!

Walt

anijet
08-24-2011, 04:55 PM
HD was a bust but Lowes came through. I installed the right side (facing the sink). The left side will need to wait until we are home. I don't have the tools to work the tighter side. I just wedged a 1/2 X 1" small board between the sink and the shelf along the wall. I hope it holds till home, about 3000 miles to go and we will be on the I70 so NO Ok City!

RGordon
08-24-2011, 07:10 PM
I used polyurthane construction adhesive as a fastner and fabricated boards underneath to hold it in place. Would also recommend that you not travel with the heavy covers on top of the sinks. This probably adds to the problem. I also use silicone caulking on the top inside edge of the sink so water cannot penetrate the adhesive that is holding up the sink.

wingnut60
08-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Walt,
My apologies to you and Oscar--little mixup with my memory. Thanks for the info.
Joe

Walt
08-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Joe,

No problem, just wanted to make sure Oscar got the credit for all his help.

Walt

ponch
08-25-2011, 11:02 AM
just question:
do you have airride on the coach?

If so what is the pressure set at?

I travel that same road almost every year and have not had any trouble.

Just a thought.

anijet
08-25-2011, 04:07 PM
I run the trailer axle bags at 80psi. Also have an air hitch in the truck with a Demco Glide Ride pin box. 80 psi seems to give the proper spacing of the torque plates. Any suggestions of better different pressures to run for a better ride?

Motor31
08-26-2011, 08:57 AM
I also have the air suspension and run at 80 PSI. The "book" listed the pressure as 5 PSI per thousand pounds on the axles minimum. Since I have a bit over 14k on the axles as per scale results I set it at 80. I check it (and the tires) every single travel day. As long as it is within a couple PSI I let it go. So far so good and that is on more than 8 years of towing now.

ponch
08-26-2011, 02:47 PM
I run 76/77 on the right side and 86 on left

terry and jo
08-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Not that we've traveled that much in our coach, and not exactly certain as to weights on each side of it, I've been following the recommendations from DRV when we took delivery in May of 2010. That would be 60 for the door side and 70 for the off-door side. Ours is the Trail-Air system.

The only long (?) pull we had was from the Oklahoma City area to Carthage, MO last October for a SOITC regional rally. So, that was only for a few hundred miles. Not that I have any experience with air ride systems on a coach, but it did seem to ride just fine.

I would think that if the air was too high that it would cause more jolts to the coach. But, hey. What do I know?

Terry

jimandsue60
08-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Our coach had a shorter Island than the other 38 foot models. We just had a dish washer installed at the DRV factory. They replaced the island base and the corian counter top including the sinks. The sinks are still only glued in.

After they completed their job I went to put the sink covers on and they did not fit, they were to big. After a while someone realized that the sink cut outs have been change. Apparently in an attempt to keep moisture from degrading the sealant. They found a set of the new sized sink covers and they fit perfectly.

We had a good experience here at the DRV factory getting some warranty issues and some mods completed.

Jim

golf_bears
08-27-2011, 08:10 AM
I saw Walt's sink fix last winter in Lake Havasu using the brackets from Lows. He did a great job. His sink is not going any place; it's in there for good.

Great job Walt.