PDA

View Full Version : Antenna stripped out?

GlennWest
07-28-2011, 10:09 AM
While in Golden CO this spring we had some rather strong wind. I left my antenna up and now it will rotate randomly. I have to actually go on roof to line up for lowering. We don't use it a lot, we have dish network. Is there a simple fix or is it new antenna?

Motor31
07-28-2011, 11:04 AM
It's helpful to say what kind of antenna you have. (make / model and age) There is more than one option that DRV had for them.

GlennWest
07-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Well you forced me to dig out paper work(I can get so lazy) and it's a Winegard Sensar. I think looking at paperwork gears assy is probably stripped out. I'll disassemble it and find out. Thanks.

Dick D
07-28-2011, 02:41 PM
A lot of the larger R.V. Store's carry parts for the Wineguard antenna. You should be able to take the damaged part and find a replacement.
If worst comes to worst, you can contact Wineguard and they will send you the part. The paperwork that you found on it should give you the contact information.

Motor31
07-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Part of the reason I asked for the make / model was this. I have the old style winegard autoseek dish antenna. I talked t the winegard folks last year about compatibility issues with sat receivers and wanted a current list of what receivers it would work with as my old RCA was about to go away. I was told the model I have is obsolete and was so from just about 2005 when I got it. They no longer manufacture or stock any parts for it so when it dies it has to go away.

Given that situation I may just go with a portable dome antenna as a replacement.