PDA

View Full Version : Check Trailer Wiring message

audreyg
05-18-2011, 04:40 PM
I recently started getting this message on my Maxbrake controller. The brakes still work. It started when I let off the pedal and only lasted for a brief second. I called Maxbrake and the engineer told me to install a resistor on one of the wires. It was probably getting feedback from the hydraulic pump motor. I was hesitant to do this. Now it started giving me this message sometimes as I apply the brakes. The brakes still work. I called again and was told that there is definately something wrong with the wiring. I hooked my truck to another camper and did not get the message. I guess this eliminates the truck. What is the best way to go about trouble shooting this? I guess I could start by replacing the molded plug on the camper. While doing this I could check for grounds on the wiring before terminating it. Where do I go from there? According to the engineer it could be any number of things from loose fuses or connections, low battery voltage, bad ground connection, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.