PDA

View Full Version : Life Is Looking Up After 3 Long Years

terry and jo
05-14-2011, 11:16 PM
While I am gun-shy after losing one contract on our house, enough has been done to warrant me feeling a bit more confident with the latest one. If you REALLY want all the agonizing details, you can always check out my May 14 blog posting.

But, after 3 years of being on the market, we now have a contract on our house, the buyers have had their financing approved, the home inspections went off without any hitches (that I know of), and the closing date is this coming Friday, May 20.

Last Saturday, May 7, we moved the Mobile Suites to a mobile home park on the northeast side of Oklahoma City and began living in it full-time on Sunday the 8th. The mobile home park is located immediately to the west of a large RV park, Twin Fountains RV Park, at the junction of I-35 and I-44.

We are "static" full-timers as we still have 3 to 5 years before retirement and the traveling can begin. With the sale of the house, we will be out from under that large mortgage payment and will be able to afford to take a few more trips, including 2-week vacations.

Terry

5thwheeler
05-15-2011, 09:39 AM
We'll all keep our fingers crossed until the 20th

Motor31
05-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Best of luck to you. When the signing is all done, go out and have a nice evening to celebrate. Until then, think of it as being like a kid waiting for Christmas to come and enjoy the look back to childhood. ;)

Beachgirl
05-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Best to you Terry! Keep us posted; 5 more days! Selling a house in this economy is no small feat.

Beachgirl

Okie
05-23-2011, 09:19 AM
And I just got back from a month in Albuq. and found I have lost a neighbor.

Okie

wingnut60
05-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Well, now we know where Terry and Jo got the idea for a MS and a 450...

terry and jo
05-24-2011, 07:35 AM
And I just got back from a month in Albuq. and found I have lost a neighbor.

Okie

Larry,

You haven't lost a neighbor except in the realm of proximity. But, look at it this way; now that I don't have that big mortgage payment, I can better afford to drive further to visit with friends.

So, keep in touch and if you are really interested in where we are, you can always check my blog. I posted some pictures of our mobile home site on it a couple of days ago.

Terry

terry and jo
05-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Well, now we know where Terry and Jo got the idea for a MS and a 450...

Wingnut,

If you are thinking that my idea came from Okie, you would be wrong. In fact, I think I got my F450 before he did. But, our original exposure to a DRV was at Lewis RV in Oklahoma City several years ago. Then things just went through a 2 year process of research before buying ours.

But, when I had posted a question about ours after we got it, Larry and Sue (I think that is her name) came over to look at whatever the issue was and give advice. We had no idea we had a neighbor with a MS until I saw his "Location" on one of the forums.