PDA

View Full Version : Landing leg activator / general technical specs?

cwsaint
05-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Anyone know of a good source for general DRV technical specifications? Right now, I am trying to research a problem I am having with the landing legs on my Select Suites rig, but it would be nice to have a resource for other potential problems, as time goes on.

To my more immediate problem, the landing legs on my rig have started to extend unevenly. Upon pressing the extend button, one leg goes down. When it hits something solid, the other leg descends. Any ideas on what the fix might be?

Thanks and best regards,

Carl

john
05-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Isn't this normal?????

cwsaint
05-06-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm not entirely sure, but I would have sworn that they both extended and retracted together up until recently. So, does your rig have legs that work independently?

Thanks,

Carl

morscuba
05-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Any (mine included) of the MS, ES, of SS that I have seen with Hyd's done what you described..

47hook
05-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Normal. Mine has done it from day one and when we were at Trailair getting the levelup system installed the tech (can't remember his name) said it was normal, also. Pressure follows path of least resistance.

USA in a Chevrolet
05-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Same here. The Level Up legs do te same.

billr
05-06-2011, 08:03 PM
The front jacks are equalized to each other, when the pressure is the same on each they lift the trailer equally. This stops any twisting on the frame.

Same for the rear stab jacks.

Yes, one jack contacts the ground then waits till the other one contacts before they lift.

Level up rear jacks (for and aft of tires) are equalized for to aft with each other, not side to side or with front jacks.

Bill

cwsaint
05-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the confirmation everyone! That makes me feel much better.