PDA

View Full Version : Sat Dish Storage

Hobo
08-06-2005, 06:21 PM
I have a big basment and my unit stores hanging from the ceiling of it. My brothe does not have this option so I was woundering how other store their dish units for travel. If you have the ability you could post picture of it in the storeage mode. :idea:

Motor31
08-06-2005, 08:18 PM
In our old rig the dish rests on the generator box. I have an onan generator in the front compartment. The tripod and all other gear fitted in the side cubby that was originally intended for folding chairs. It is right behind the couch and opens to the outside. On the new rig, I dunno yet as I haven't figured it out.

Stripit
08-06-2005, 09:25 PM
I will try to photograph the setup/storage when I break down the dish next time. I bought a child's sleeping bag from WalMart and that is what the actual dish is stored in. I bought a Christmas wrapping container from Lowe's, a plastic container in a oval shape about 3 feet tall. I cut out the one end the size of the arm to stick thru. The tripod goes back into the box it was shipped in.They all lay on a shelf I built where the back seat was in my truck. Have met folks who take them apart and lay them on the bed when they move the rig. Seems everyone finds a space that will work for them.

rverdlm
08-06-2005, 09:49 PM
You're right Stacey, we all do it differently. We put the marsian head on the bed while we travel. The dish goes in the basement. I figure the arm with the LNB is the most fragile and treat it acccordingly.

fulltimer5er
08-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Hers a real easy way to store it take a #10 drill and drill out the forward rivit on the dish arm theres two now the arm will swing down and the dish will lay flat when your ready to set up get a 21/2 in #10 screw aling the holes slide in the screw and your watching tv I'v done it to both of my dishes direct and dish network dosent afect it at all