View Full Version : Adding another 50 amp Receptical

04-20-2011, 02:39 PM
I want to place my autoformer in the bay where I plug into with my 50amp cord. Autoformer is made to work outside pluged into shore power ped, and then my cord into it and then to RV. I want to put the autoformer on the other end of the power cord. But I need another 50 amp receptical. Something similar to the one we all have on our RVs. Where can I get either a used one or a better price than 68 bucks??
Originally I had taken the end off my cord, and then in its place a plug in. But when the autoformer went out I had no way to get power to RV. Did you ever try to change ends on 50 amp cord in the dark. Not going to try that anymore.

04-21-2011, 10:23 AM
I will try to explain what I did.

I put a male 50 amp 4 wire range wire into the electrical box that houses the inlet for the shore cord in the elec. hookup compartment.
Then put a 50 amp. 4 wire female plug on the end of my 50 amp. shore cord.
Just like the ones on the autoformer.

This way I can use the autoformer or not.

I also put a 50 amp female end on a 30 amp RV extension cord to use when I am traveling and there is only 30 amp service at the campsite.
It beets the hell out of using/fighting that big heavy 50 amp cord. Esp. in the cold mornings...

04-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Huck - Thanks for the reply, I think I found what I needed from Northern Tool. Will know when received in 5-7 days. THANKS!