PDA

View Full Version : Dometic NDR 1292 Fridge Failure

RGordon
04-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Since my Dometic NDR 1292 fridge failure where everything was heating outside and also inside. Removed the fridge, turned it upside down overnight, uprighted it and now everything works like new. It was like it had a air lock in system. The question I have, would you trust it in the future?

RonS
04-08-2011, 02:34 PM
If it ant broke dont fix it. I would wait and see what happens. I have heard of this fix in the past, but have no personal knowledge of it.

edt
04-08-2011, 10:19 PM
You will get a chance to flip this ref again what ever was blocking will comeback.

wingnut60
04-09-2011, 08:03 AM
Ron,
That was quite a project!! Were you able to keep it inside or have to take it out to turn it over?
Joe

RGordon
04-09-2011, 11:00 AM
You have to remove doors and remove it from unit. It would be possible if the isle cabinet was not in the way. Just have to remove screws and slide it over so fridge will clear. I just don't trust it, and like mentioned above whatever clogged it to start with will more than likely return. Am going with residential unit. I was surprised how heavy the piping was on the rear of fridge.

wingnut60
04-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Ron,
There are several aftermarket suppliers of new/reman cooling units, if you haven't finalized your decision to go to residential unit.
Joe
That is the model I have, and looking forward to someday having the same problem.

RGordon
04-09-2011, 11:21 AM
I did find an amish built cooling unit for $950 which is about what a real fridge would cost. I would like to have an auto defrost with more space. Since we live in ours 5 months during the winter we need all the space we can get, plus I think the residential models will be more dependable. I have a built in generator so running it from time to time down the road will not be a problem.

wingnut60
04-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Have read of several others going to residential fridges. Will be something I'll look at when mine goes out...
Take notes so I'll know how to do it when the time comes.
Joe

wannabe
04-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Check to see if a residential Maytag 23 cu.ft. refer would fit into your unit.
MCD2358WEB has been installed into a 43' Elite...think it will fit into most Mobile's too. May depend on the year of your unit and the kitchen configuration...but looks like it will fit most models.
This is what I would go with if needing to replace the refer....probably pretty close to the same price as a new Dometic.