PDA

View Full Version : Rubbing Sound from Front Legs

a63rve
03-23-2011, 07:43 PM
I recently re-level a small bit my 38' MS TSKB4. However, now I have a rubbing sound when the trailer is shaken in the front area. I can do this from the outside by moderately pushing with my hand. There is a distinct rubbing sound now that I don't remember from before. My guess is that I have an air bubble in the hydraulic fluid of that leg which allows it to bounce and make the rubbing sound. Any ideas ? Has anything similar happen to anyone else.

billr
03-23-2011, 10:30 PM
I get this if the legs are exteneded a long way to level. I try to use boards to have the jacks extended less. Stops any creaking.

Bill

cindyguice
04-18-2011, 06:57 PM
we have the hydraulic landing and leveling system 2010 Select suites and we have the same problem too .. we can go outside and push camper by hand and the landing gear rattles...

porkchop
04-18-2011, 07:24 PM
I have found that the less you have to extend the landing legs, the less shaking you will have. I do not bother for 1 or 2 noghts, but when we sit longer than that I have several 8 inch thick chunks of wood. I put 1 or 2 under each leg so that the hyd. are only extended an inch or so. Solid as a rock. You can not push it sideways at all.
That won't answer your problem about noise, but it sure stops the shaking. And it's cheaper than all of the devices sold in the stores.

Bill

wingnut60
04-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Don't have the level-up system, but I always use a block of wood made of 3 layers of 2x10s screwed/glued together under each landing leg. Downside is the size of the block to carry around...I do think the less the legs are extended, the more solid the setup will be. I use a 12x12 piece of hard plastic (AlturnaMat) for the rear legs to keep them from sinking in to soft ground.
Our unit seems to be pretty solid--I also use BAL chocks on each set of wheels set real tight.
Joe
If you are losing hydraulic pressure, there is a leak with one of the check valves I would think.

cindyguice
04-18-2011, 07:55 PM
I have found that the less you have to extend the landing legs, the less shaking you will have. I do not bother for 1 or 2 noghts, but when we sit longer than that I have several 8 inch thick chunks of wood. I put 1 or 2 under each leg so that the hyd. are only extended an inch or so. Solid as a rock. You can not push it sideways at all.
That won't answer your problem about noise, but it sure stops the shaking. And it's cheaper than all of the devices sold in the stores.

Bill Thanks for the info