PDA

View Full Version : Door side slide binding

audreyg
03-17-2011, 05:06 PM
My door side slide seems to bind the first inch or two when closing it. The top acts like it is stuck then it jerk a little and starts to move. I have had 2 dealers adjust it and it's still the same. Is this just the way it operates as it is a flush floor slide and it drops down into a channel?

edt
03-17-2011, 06:54 PM
The slide has to lift the bottom up the ramp before the top can move toward closing.

rjohnsonnm
03-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Mine makes a load pop in the first few inches. Scares the heck out of me eevry time. But I've cycled it over 300 times and it still works OK, so I'm just gonna let it pop.
Ron

wingnut60
03-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Ron,
Mine does the same thing--it seems to come from the plastic guide/bumper on the upper corner of the slide--it gets hooked behind the metal flange in the same corner of the trailer frame. I use silicone spray on the plastic guide when I think about it--no pop for several uses, then it comes back. Another spray, its gone again for a few uses.
Joe
I was at the factory last Sept--they went over all slide movements and no pop for several months, now its back again.

Check the upper corner of the trailer near the door--see if the metal is bent outward--that is where the plastic is hooking.

Jack in Alaska
03-28-2011, 01:12 AM
My door slide has been happily popping and jumping for 7 yrs. without any problem. It always makes me nervous but it comes in tightly.
The kitchen slide is the one that dug big ruts in the linoleum and wood floor when new. It also is working fine after repair at the factory.
The slide mechanism is certainly not a "Swiss watch" type of thing but continues to operate...........I hope.