PDA

View Full Version : Cracks in the Shower

flycaster
02-17-2011, 08:37 PM
We are full timers in a 06 36ft RS3. We noticed the other day that there are a sreies of fine cracks (black lines) in the corner above the soap dish of our shower. They just seem to have appeared as neither of us remembers any damage before. They occured while we are in Arizona this winter. We have not noticed any extreams in temperature or movement. I've seen these sort of cracks before in old fiberglass. I don't think that they are leaking but I am concerned about them when we start to travel this spring. Has anyone experienced this and should we be concerned? Is this something DRV has addressed before? Any help would be welcomed.

wingnut60
02-17-2011, 11:12 PM
2005 36TK3--no cracks/lines in ours. Have not heard of others with this problem.
Joe

Motor31
02-18-2011, 10:33 AM
No cracks in our 05 either. Do you leave the skylight sunshade open or closed in the day time?

Pat L.
02-18-2011, 01:11 PM
One way to repair these if they pose a problem is to have a Tub / Shower repair company do a recoat. The units have a gel coat finish and you should be able to find a Perma Cream dealer just about every where. Look in the yellow pages under Bathroom Repairs / Shower & Tub Refinishers. Perma Cream is a notional company. I have used them in the past for some of my customers repairs. Also you might try a boat refinisher. Note - It will smell up the coach for a few days so plan on keeping the door closed and the exhaust on. Good luck.