PDA

View Full Version : Stove top cover cracked

billr
02-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Any one had any luck getting a replacement stove top cover from DRV for an 05 model MS? Wonder if they have any matching material left? I plan to call them this week. Ours did the big CAAARRRACK the other day! Heat from Oven too much for it! I forgot to lift it for first time! And in about 10 min she popped! So did my DW!!

Bill

Motor31
02-12-2011, 09:49 AM
I have one in storage. It's the second one they sent me 2 years ago. The first replacement didn't last but a month before cracking in the same area as the first one did. It is odd that it would crack where the oval hole is as since it IS an oval there should be no stress riser points there.

Ours has been lifted every time the oven is used and stays up until I feel no heat coming from the vent. As far as I can see they just didn't use a good material for this purpose. Even lifted up the darn thing is still right in line with the vent so it gets heat from the oven.

If you do get another cover I'd salt it away in storage until you are ready to trade or sell then install it. I'm unimpressed with replacing it just to have the replacement crack again.

billr
02-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Thanks Mike. I'll see what they do. Storing it makes good sense. I have started repairing this one. Will see how it holds up. Two cracks from the oval hole! One about 10" another 6". I stop drilled them and then grooved out the underside and epoxied it. Then will add resein repair to underside.

Bill

BobW
02-16-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't know how bad your crack is, but, why not glue it back together? That's what they do when they install them in a house. Use Epoxy and clamp together.