PDA

View Full Version : Water Pump Problems

2blackdogs
02-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Pump is not pumping. Has anyone else had problems ? Did you replace it with the same ?
Ours is the smart sensor

ponch
02-04-2011, 07:45 AM
First make sure the outside switch is on.

Does it just not pump, no sound at all?

Is the glass bowl broken?

More inf please.

2blackdogs
02-05-2011, 06:40 PM
The pump is making the normal sound but no water. Bowl is OK. I'm going to investigate it a bit more tomorrow. It worked fine to suck the pink antifreeze out of bottle. I hope that a valve is in the wrong position. It's been cold here and I need to use the on-board water system. Never had to rely on it before now.

ponch
02-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Sounds to me like you have the valve after the pump still closed

2blackdogs
02-07-2011, 08:21 PM
I tried everything and ended up buying a new pump today. I didn't want to put out over $200 for a pump that I seldom use so I bought a $100 medium grade pump that should meet our needs. It sure is nice to have a water supply again and not have a frozen water hose. Our original "smart sensor" pump only pumped a few gallons of water over the past five years and I could not see paying twice the price for something that did not last.

RodeWorthy
02-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Bob,
Check the date code on your 5.7 gpm pump. If it is less than 5 years old it is under warranty and you can get it replaced. Shurflow may recommend a different model for replacement. The 5.7 has been problematic. We are on our 4th pump. The latest has lasted over a year. Hope it holds up.

On edit: If the pump was damaged from freezing it probably is not a warranty issue.

matsonelite69
03-15-2011, 07:07 AM
I have a pump issue as well, But mine is a Aquajet. Which pump does anyone recommend? and is wiring a different pump a issue, I cannot find the (black box) that my book states is installed in my rig.Any suggestions?? Thank you. Ronnie
p.s. my pump will work but only well after you leave a faucet open for at least 2min or so, can these pumps be repaired??

Red Ram
03-15-2011, 08:06 PM
I have often wished that DRV would give us an option of having a good 120 volt water pump plumbed in Parallel with the 12 volt water pump. I know for myself that the only time that I use the on board water pump is when I am out on the road, so 90% of the time a good 120 volt pump would solve many of our problems, like having plenty of water pressure for a shower.

BlueSkyRanch
03-16-2011, 10:42 AM
After being hooked up to city water and have a pipe break that flooded the RV, I always use my water pump. I fill the on board water tank, turn off the city water and draw from via the pump. Then if I hear the pump cycle without a faucet running, I know there is a water leak in the system. We also filter our water via reverse osmosis to ensure consistently cleaner, softer water.