PDA

View Full Version : How long will it last ?

2blackdogs
02-02-2011, 06:43 AM
We have never been in cold weather in the Suite and was wondering how long a 40# bottle of propane lasts whe it's zero or near zero ?
I'm sure we are about to find out but I'd rather be prepared.

BillA
02-02-2011, 07:25 AM
We had in-laws staying in our 36ESTK3 last winter for a couple of weeks when the temps were in the low 20's at night and low 30's during the day. They were going through 40# of propane every 3-4 days. This was without using any kind of suplemental electric heat. I dol not remember what the thermostat was set on but the inside temperature was comfortable. Your thermostat setting will of course have an impact on the propane burn rate.

The View 5046
02-02-2011, 09:58 AM
I though I posted before may have been on the Suites forum. But we have about the same use as above. Most time its 3.5 to four days, with the timep set on 68 degrees in the daytime and 64 degrees at night. Some time its cheaper to run the Propane vs the electric heaters. We are in Florida and have only used one bottle of Propane since 29 Dec. However everything is on electric except the furnace. No 5th wheel we have owned has been energy efficent. But the Mobile Suites has used less energy than our other 5th wheels. Could it be better sure it could but it would be heavier....

Pat L.
02-02-2011, 03:30 PM
If you use the fireplace it will keep down the use of propane. I have 2 FP's and my wife says that it gets to hot at night, and she is the cold one.

2blackdogs
02-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Too answer my own question.
I found out when I took my tank in this morning. We used 5 gallons in about 1-1/2 days with temps near zero. In normal winter weather, like in Tucson a tank 40#( 10 gal) lasts about 10 days. The real cold temps really sucks the propane.