PDA

View Full Version : Rear Jacks 07 Elite

mcfarlak
01-13-2011, 08:40 PM
We are prepared to leave for Fl and now the rear jacks will not come up. Are the Batteries 6 volt or 12 volt and how long do they last. I have been charging them since 2:30 pm. Can I install 1 12 volt marine battery if these are 6 volt batteries. So damn frustrated right now. One thing after another.

Cheif 2
01-14-2011, 05:07 AM
My batteries, two 6 volt lasted 3 years and they would no longer pass a load test. Having gotten 3 years I felt fortunate as that type of battery normally don't last that long in other applications. The jacks should come up though if you are plugged into shore power. Are the front jacks working?

hitchup
01-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Our 2006 had the 2-6v batteries. They had to be replaced during the 3rd winter. Probably due to our fault as we didn't check the water level frequently enough.

If you are hooked up to your truck wouldn't the jacks work?

golf_bears
01-14-2011, 09:35 AM
If your rear jacks do not come up but your front jacks do and your slides come in, you do not have a battery problem.

You most likely have a problem with the rear jack hydraulic valve or the electrical switch for the rear jacks is not functioning.

When we left WI in Dec. I couldn’t get the front jacks up. Tried everything, finally took the front jack electrical switch out and found a wire disconnected. Rewired it and jacks finally went up.

You may need to check the electrical switch to make sure all the wires are connected.

Also, when you hit the switch does the hydraulic motor kick in and can you hear the hydraulic valve kick in?

Motor31
01-14-2011, 11:29 AM
More information would help in diagnosing the issue. Does the hydraulic motor run when you push the button? Have you tried extending the rear jacks just a bit more then retracting them yet? Sometimes that works.

Do all the other hydraulic functions work?

Was your rig in storage or were you using it and now you have the malfunction. If you were plugged in while retracting the jacks the converter should have helped share the load as well as keeping the battery charged. When was the last time you checked the battery water?

To answer your first question, yes you can get by just fine on a single 12 volt battery. We did for a couple months then I bought a second 12 volt battery to set in there. Both are still going strong at 5.5 years but I maintain them every 3 months keeping them filled.