PDA

View Full Version : parts info

ponch
01-07-2011, 07:54 AM
DRV is no longer using the Sure-Flow water pump. That being said I had to replace the filter unit, glass bowl, and found it at camping world for $25.

wingnut60
01-07-2011, 09:31 AM
What are they using currently?

ponch
01-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Don't know the answer to that.

They had some issues, as I understand it, with the sure- flow so
eveidently they changed to a better unit.

rotaxman
01-07-2011, 12:45 PM
My guess would be that they have found one they can buy cheaper.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry

Gemstone
01-07-2011, 03:35 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: "My guess would be that they have found one they can buy cheaper"....here's a man that's been around the block once or twice....with a DRV in tow!

golf_bears
01-07-2011, 04:33 PM
My guess is they found one that will not fail as often as the Sure-Flow pump.

Their warranty cost had to be out of site!!!!

Our RV is 2-1/2 years old and we are now on our fourth pump.

How about you guys, how many Sure-Flow pumps have you gone through and in how many years?

47hook
01-07-2011, 07:28 PM
3rd pump. Now to be fair I'm partly to blame. Yes, hard to believe, but after getting away with only draining the water in past winters with other rv’s and this one for one winter, the little water left in the pump head caused it to crack this winter and last winter (I know, slow learner). I found the leak as I was filling the water tank to check things out a couple of days before heading south. That was pump 2. Now, the 3rd pump (2 weeks old) is leaking from the pressure regulator. Held on by 4 screws and has an adjusting screw in the center. I will contact Shur-Flow Monday and see if I can replace the seal from pump 2 or have them send a replacement pump.

And, yes, I will winterize next winter! :oops:

rotaxman
01-07-2011, 07:51 PM
When I got my 06 I changed the original out for a 5.7 it performed for 5 years without incident. Great pump.

My junk 09 came with a 5.7 installed from DRV have had the trailer since
July 17th no trouble yet.

It's always about bottom line with DRV they could care less about the quality of the equipment they install.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry

ponch
01-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Gosh guys all I was trying to do was give everyone
some information .

rotaxman
01-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Ponch

I apologize didn't mean for my posts to insult anyone.

As always good camping.

Joyce and Jerry

Motor31
01-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Ponch,

DRV's shortcomings don't reflect on you or any other customer, just on DRV. Unless folks mention that what they have done or failed to do there is little impetus for them to improve. It is my fervent hope that DRV does make things better now and in the future. They certainly raised the prices, the quality should have lead the move upwards.

hitchup
01-08-2011, 09:20 AM
We had upgraded to the ShurFlo 5.7 during on our order. Wouldn't you know it went out just when we needed it. Had to use water pump most of the 6 mos up in NW PA because of low CG water pressure.

Camping World didn't have any online or at the Akron store, so we were going to buy a SF Revolution, but bought the next model down. When I contacted TomP, since we were still under DRV's warranty, they shipped us a new one and we shipped our old one back to Tom.

Turns out they were having a mfging issue on their Premium pumps. Not good for business with DRV.

David installed the new 5.7 and it has worked flawless. We didn't return the one from CW, but carry it in the basement. JustInCase!

Huck
01-08-2011, 09:47 AM
How about you guys, how many Sure-Flow pumps have you gone through and in how many years?
Still using the original Shurflo pump from the old Double Tree Factory.
We use it every day to pump the reverse osmosis water from our fresh water tank.
Approaching six(6) years old this spring.......

Carny Bill
01-08-2011, 05:09 PM
I have went thru 3 5.7's. Manufacturer gave up and asked me if he could send a lesser pump, but not one that was electronic, so it pulses. At least it works and have had it on for over a year now. Customer service at Sure-Flo was very good, I must admit.

ponch
01-08-2011, 05:19 PM
It just struck me wrong. Thats why I changed my post.
Sorry if I offended anyone.

Jack in Alaska
01-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Still on my original pump. 2004 model.
Have had good luck with my MS and excellent help from DRV when needed.

ponch
01-21-2011, 08:03 AM
You and me both Jack. The only thing that I have replaced is the filter.

Jack in Alaska
01-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Ponch.......

Good to hear from you. My filter was leaking on the 1st night of use. Took it off and pitched it. Never replaced it although I have other filters on my system.
Are you over in Lake Havusu for the MS rally?? We stopped in that RV park last spring on our way home when my truck broke down there.

Jack