PDA

View Full Version : Xantrex Freedom 2000W inverter

MDTdriver
07-22-2005, 02:51 PM
Had if for 5 years installed in first 5er by dealer in Ca. no problems for first two years then a camp ground surge, burned one board fix under warranty. (there are tow fuses one DC one AC) neither blew.
Next problem new 5er inverter installed by dealer tech?? He said and talk like he new what he was doeing. I gave him my tech manual for install, but he pigyback the inverter input to the 20amp hot water breaker then pigybacked the two outputs from inverter too the plugs or appliances I ask for, left dealer three days blow circut board again (still no fuses AC or DC where blowen)
Dealer said I did not ask for a warranty my problem!
Inverter has not worked for about one year.
My thoughts are XANTREX INVERTERS ARE NOT WORTH THE MONEY IF YOU EVERY HAVE ELECTRIC PROBLEM CAUSED BY OUT SIDE SOURCESES!
I just use my Honda 2000i now cheaper and less problems.
Just what does not work for me!

BobW
05-25-2006, 12:07 PM
As many inverters out there made by Xantrax, there have been very little bad about there products. If there was, we would hear about it. It looks to me that the service installer is the main problem. He should have never wired the inverter to the water heater. That alone would have blown the breaker. At 2000 watts, i'll bet your water heater uses 1500w of power. Not much left. If the frig was added to that, it also would blow the fuse. You need to add up all the items powered by the inverter or your generator, and see just how far 2000w will get you.