I have a 2005 cl.

Anyone know if there is a hidden breaker for the
Island and the outlet for the coffee maker

I have no power to either one and everything
else seems to be fine[/quote]

morscuba
12-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Ponch
Look at your GFI circut..I got water in one of the outside outlets and I had to take a hair dryer to it until dry enough to reset the breaker.. My GFI on the main board did not appear to be tripped by the way..

ponch
12-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Yes my gfi circuit on the board seems to be ok also
See what I can find

ponch
12-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Well the breaker by the batteries was blown
Reset. Didn't change a thing

wingnut60
12-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Ponch,
Doesn't make sense? I thought if the breaker by the batteries tripped, everything 12 volt in the trailer would be out?
Joe

ponch
12-02-2010, 05:13 AM
Ms t Joe
I'm really puzzled now
Hitting the road in an hour for Dallas
Will look again there

Interesting to say the least

dalehandsome
12-02-2010, 07:31 AM
Once you get to Dallas you will probably find everything works. We had the same problem and after much frustration I just went out and disconnected the power and then reconnected it. After that, everyting worked fine. Go Figure.

Dale and Marian Hansen
2010 38tksb3

wingnut60
12-02-2010, 08:44 AM
Ponch,
When you get to Dallas, United RV in Ft Worth has a huge inventory of parts if you need something.
Which outlet other than the island is not working--the one on the countertop to right of stove? There is an electrical junction box on the frame under the kitchen slide out that might need to be checked...but I wouldn't think it would have anything to do with the island.
Joe

The View 5046
12-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Ponch let us know what you find out and what the fix was. I have heard about this same problem. However CRS hit and I haven't been able to find the thread.......... Good Luck, have fun in Texas.

Huck
12-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Did you try to reset the GFI on the outlets.

matsonelite69
12-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Ponch, I had the same problem and thought my GFI was bad, i went to replace it with a new one and when i took the old one out one of the wires had come disconnected in the wall, I gues from the vibration the screw loosened up or wasnt tightened from the factory, Good Luck. Ronnie

ponch
12-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Walla!!!!!
On the way down to Dallas I
got to tracing wires in my mind
And I was pretty sure that the island,
Coffee maker AND the outlet over the
Sink in bathroom were connected. Nothing
Else made any sence. Well that's is correct
And one of the black wires had broken loose
from the outlet. So while I was in there I went
And replaced outlet with a GFI.

Glad that's over it was taxing my little brain. Lol

terry and jo
12-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Well, Ponch.

Thanks for providing yet another lesson in RV'ing. Now, I know to first check the breakers/fuses and then pull the socket itself.

Nice ot know since we are going to be new at this. Hopefully, it will be a while before our 2010 starts to have wiring come apart. With my luck, though, I will have forgotten the first paragraph by then.

Have a safe trip.

Terry

wingnut60
12-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Ponch,
Don't you have a GFI on the main electrical panel? If so, can you have 2 GFIs in use on the same circuit? I'm not smart enough to know, but seems I have heard you cannot (should not?) have one GFI downstream of another?
Joe

ponch
12-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Dont know that's a question for Larry