PDA

View Full Version : slide outs

berghild
09-09-2010, 01:12 PM
our unit is out of warranty. we are one year 4 months over. my unit is #3917, 2007.
we have fixed the bedroom slide....kinda....now it is crooked. i am tatally frustrated. i don't know if DRV would repair it our not. but we had to repair it the best we could since the slide was about to fall out!
' thank you every one for your help with both of these issues.
right now we aren't a very good advertisement for DRV. it's well insulated and pretty if you don't look too close.

cyndy

rotaxman
09-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Cyndy and Howard

I have to agree with you about looking close. See my post in MS Floor problem.

I have to agree with you again when you said you were not a very good advertisement for DRV I would not consider myself very good either.

I hope that you can get your problem resolved. If you are any where close to Paul Cross he can fix what ever might be wrong. He is the Man when it comes to DRV products.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry

berghild
09-10-2010, 09:58 AM
i have heard of paul cross....where are they. my extend warranty covers the slide outs. i wonder if they would cover it since we had to batch it up to get it to work.

rotaxman
09-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Cyndy

The name of Paul's business is Indiana Interstate Repair he is located in Elkhard In.

He knows his stuff when it comes to DRV he was the service manager for DRV for 5 years and then saw the need for a company to take care of all of DRV's mistakes.

He knows his stuff as I said he will get it right and stand behind it.

Hope this helps

Jerry

rotaxman
09-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Cyndy

Correction the right name for is company is Indiana Interstate Enterprise check him out.

Give him a call and tell him what has happened I bet he will tell you why and how it can be fixed.

Also he is located in LaGrange In

Indiana Interstate Enterprise
1690 East Court
LaGrange In 46761
1 260 463 8100

Jerry

wingnut60
09-10-2010, 07:08 PM
In addition to the above......

info@crossrv.com

www.crossrv.com

I have heard nothing but good stories about his work. He is located pretty close to DRV factory, just a little south, I believe.

Joe

bstark
09-10-2010, 09:58 PM
He and his crew perform nothing short of amazing work on these things. They bill you fairly as well which should also be mentioned.

JOHN EVANS
09-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Very fair price for Great work, Paul and his crew are the only ones i will allow to work on our rig.I let the factory work on it once that was a big mistake, they had it 2 weeks and failed to repair most of the things on my list that i gave them. Paul repairs it right the first time.

berghild
09-11-2010, 11:01 AM
i wonder how long this will take. we are anxious to get to yuma by oct. 1st. we don't comme this far East very often. We are fulltimers and don't want to be out of the rig. i guess they will tell us when we call on monday.
we need to have the bedroom slide fixed andthe metal frame refastend to thebedframe with bigger bolts as well as the street side slide.

wingnut60
09-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Cyndy,
Have read of all your problems with the MS--and hope someday you have them behind you.
But, this may be the one chance for things to get done once and for all, so respectively suggest that you give Cross all the time he requires to do what needs to be done--don't be too impatient to be back to AZ only to find you wish you had given him more time for the work. There is a Holiday Inn close by to stay at.
Good luck on this...
Joe

berghild
09-11-2010, 11:15 AM
i wonder how long this will take. we are anxious to get to yuma by oct. 1st. we don't comme this far East very often. We are fulltimers and don't want to be out of the rig. i guess they will tell us when we call on monday.
we need to have the bedroom slide fixed andthe metal frame refastend to thebedframe with bigger bolts as well as the street side slide.

golf_bears
09-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Kay and Paul are great folks to work with. Little problems I fix myself, big problems I trust no one other than Paul.

He has four spots with 50 amp hookup right next to his shop, no charge, water is also available, bring your own beer. Make sure you ask him for a spot when you schedule your appointment.

Depending on your list of fixes, he figures out how much he can get done in one day, and then he pulls your unit into the shop, works on it. At the end of the day he moves your unit back out to the hookups so you can stay in it overnight. Next day same routine until all your fixes are done.

Very seldom does he need to keep your unit inside his shop overnight. If he does you'll need to get a motel room and there are plenty around. DRV can get you a corporate rate next to their factory in Howe. It's only 9 miles away from Lagrange where Paul’s shop is located.

When your RV is being worked on you can take in the local sites. Check out the flee market in Shipshewana, it’s huge!!

Good luck with the fixes, Paul will take good care of you. Once all the fixes are done you’ll be a happy RVer again.

Take Care, drive safe and say hi to Kay and Paul for us.

Barb & Roland

bstark
09-11-2010, 01:02 PM
I forgot to mention that many 'saavy' dealers purchasing units from DRV make the deal with DRV contingent on the unit being PDI'd by Paul at his facility and then shipped from there.

Here's a suggestion: if considering ordering a unit from a dealer make the deal on the requirement that the unit be PDI'd by Paul and any bloopers fixed by him before the unit gets shipped to your dealer with dealer to fix anything that turns up en-route. That way you get the best possible coverage for Pre-Delivery.

berghild
09-12-2010, 09:07 AM
i am going to email them today. hopefully they will call me back tomorrow.

berghild
09-12-2010, 10:48 AM
yes i have resigned my self to just relax .
those who know me will know that statement will be tough to live up too!
but i will stay until the job is done!

matsonelite69
09-12-2010, 05:36 PM
I have heard wonderful things about Paul, but he does not honor extended warranties as i have called him to discuss the issues with my Elite, Good luck, I myself would not be a good advertisement for DRV as well.

berghild
09-13-2010, 09:21 AM
oh wow they emailed me this morning but said they could get us in until the second week in october.
they didn't mention anything about the ext warranty.
i will have to check that out. thanks for the heads up. cyndy

berghild
09-13-2010, 03:05 PM
i am thrilled to say that paul cross is going to squeeze us in on the 24th of september!!!!
and i checked on the extended warranty issue and he assured me that his wife is very good at working with the extended warranty people.
we leave Western ct. on sunday morning....as much as I hate traveling on the weekend, it can't be helped this time. cyndy

JOHN EVANS
09-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Kay is great she has done extended warranty stuff for us in the past with great results. Kay and Paul sure know their stuff!

matsonelite69
09-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Hey Cyndy I received an email from the forum admin stating that Paul does honor ext warranties, when i called a few months back i was told they DID Not. So I will call again and follow up. I have slide issues as well except mine is in the kitchen, I really have had alot of issues and hopefully I can get with Paul and have him correct them. Thanks for the info and Good Luck with yours.

berghild
09-13-2010, 04:50 PM
yes Paul told me to apologize to you from him. he didn't know who you spoke to but he was sorry and wanted you to know that they DO use the extended warranties

BlueSkyRanch
09-16-2010, 09:17 AM
I agree with everything said about Paul and Kay and the quality work provided by Indiana Interstate. When in Florida, I would recommend Land Yachts in Jupiter. Like Paul and Kay, Don and Brandy are the owners and do great, quality work.

I wish we could see similar postings about the quality of some of the new DRV products? Maybe we will in the near future.

Steve
2010 38TKSB3

rotaxman
09-16-2010, 09:33 AM
BlueSkyRanch

Until the quota based assembly line is stopped and bonus are paid for zero or near zero defect trailer and the orders stop coming in don't expect to see any change in the quality of the DRV units.

The 09 I currently own will never be half the trailer my 06 was no matter how much work I do on it.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry

Jack in Alaska
09-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Back in 2004 I had my RV repaired at the factory...BUT.................................Paul Cross was the man at the factory then. He did an excellent job for us. More than excellent.
If anyone sees him tell him hi from Jack in Alaska.