PDA

View Full Version : Couple of fixes

wingnut60
08-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Have had to replace the fans on the fridge, so I relocated them to where I could reach them easier. New fans are much quieter than the Dometic units--will have to see if they move enough air. I did turn on the fridge and it was down to 36d in 36 hours--in 100+ temp.

Also had to fix the door slide electric line support as the plastic had cracked--again. First fix was to cut off broken section and just re-attach, but now I decided to try the hinge fix.

Joe

CherriandBob
08-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Do you have the fans drawing air from down below or are you just blowing the air onto the coil on top?

wingnut60
08-19-2010, 09:45 PM
They are in exhaust direction--time will tell later if they draw most of the air from thru the lower grille and out the upper--the possibility exists that part of the air will be drawn in from the top opening of the grille they are mounted behind. T think they will work ok as any movement will help draw air upward.
The original ones were mounted about a foot below the upper grill in a horizontal plane, and all the air movement HAD to come from the lower grill.
Joe

CherriandBob
08-19-2010, 10:00 PM
We had trouble with the insulation falling down so I made an aluminum shield from the top coil to the top of the vent to help air flow to exit vent opening. This stops the trapping of hot air in the top of the compartment.

wingnut60
08-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Thanks, that might be helpful--the insulation you can see is still attached to the top, but is beginning to sit on the coils/fins below.
Joe

ponch
08-23-2010, 09:33 AM
A piano hinge works well also.