PDA

View Full Version : Airconditioner slow to turn on

delcirose
08-16-2010, 06:19 PM
I have a 2004 36 ck3 mobile suites with the single air conditioner. For a while now when we turn the thermostat on for cool it takes quite awhile before the air conditioner decides to start running. Now when it does finally start is sounds find and works good. Even if I set the temp down way low and it is a hot day it still takes a while before it senses that I have asked for it to run and it gets around to it. I do not suspect the air conditioner unit as it seems to sound and operate just fine. I kind of think something is going on with the thermostat setting. Again I have just the one air conditioner and of course the furnace so we are not talking here about any separate or different zones to deal with. Hope some one else has had this problem and can send me in the right direction to fix this.

RGordon
08-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Your ac system has a built-in time delay to eliminate short cycling during power failures. This is a factory safety device to protect the compressor from trying to restart before pressures equalize. This could be from moving the thermostat up and down or power failure.

wingnut60
08-16-2010, 10:07 PM
This is normal--I have the 2 15k ACs and it always seems like they are never going to come on. Each time I go thru the first turn-on after traveling, it worries me, but they always start and run.
Joe

Motor31
08-17-2010, 12:55 PM
There is a 2 minute delay built into the system. When you change the thermostat or first plug in and turn on the unit just figure on waiting. In the summer we set up the power cord and turn on the thermostat before setting the slides out. By the time we are almost set up the rig is starting to cool down.