PDA

View Full Version : Cargo door locks

Gemstone
08-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Anyone wishing to replace the infamous 751 lock and key system....

I found a supplier to the gaming industry that has 7 pin tubular locks/keys that will work on RV cargo doors. Cost was less than $10/per lock and key. You can get any quantity keyed alike. One drawback tho'....the key cannot be removed from the lock when in the unlocked position. 1-1/8" is an exact replacement size.
www.happ.com 888 289 4277 The folks were a pleasure to deal with.

Regards
Gemstone

Cynthia14
05-14-2011, 12:37 AM
Door locks are not exactly force the heaviest and impenetrable in the world. However, it is very noisy, so a potential burglar would break the window to enter, but the chances of that happening are very slim, so it is best to focus on the lock is modern, robust and secure. The whole point of having sliding doors, so you can have both a nice view outside and inside of your house and do not forget that they must be easy to open and close the order. Investing in the quality of the glass sliding door locks are the least we can do to ensure you have the best of both worlds in style and safety.

Arvada locksmith (http://www.arvada-locksmiths.com)

The View 5046
05-14-2011, 07:23 AM
I know most want to secure their compartments. However I believe that replacing what the low life's take is cheaper that repairing the compartment doors. About the only thing I'm concerned with is the shore power cable. In most cases I have never locked our compartment doors.. Until I lost my furr kid "Montana" I never locked the entrance door. Others have different opinions, I really think a lock only keep honest people honest.

hitchup
05-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Door locks are not exactly force the heaviest and impenetrable in the world. However, it is very noisy, so a potential burglar would break the window to enter, but the chances of that happening are very slim, so it is best to focus on the lock is modern, robust and secure. The whole point of having sliding doors, so you can have both a nice view outside and inside of your house and do not forget that they must be easy to open and close the order.

Obviously Cynthia14 is on the Wrong Forum.

We changed out our cargo door locks on our 1st Suite. They didn't quite fit and would come loose on the back.
Bought new ones for the current one, but they are still sitting in a cabinet 2 years later. LOL

edt
05-21-2011, 04:02 PM
The doors cost more than any thing behind door a $2.00 screw driver will open any compartment door regardless of lock and do a lot of damage.