PDA

View Full Version : Wind and slide toppers

buckwheat
07-26-2010, 08:43 PM
We have three slide toppers on our 38 RLSB3 and they really flop in the wind. I am aware of the pillows that can be purchased, but that is not what I am looking for.
Is there any way that the techincian can tighten the roller on the topper and put more tension in the unit?

RGordon
07-26-2010, 09:15 PM
There is a way! I would open slide fully and install a nail or cotter pin in the end of roller, then remove fabric. There is a screw in the gutter than has to be remove before fabric can slide out. Then with fabric removed, you remove the pin in the end and add 2 or 3 additional turns, add pins once again. Then reinstall the fabric and gutter screw. Not to time consuming and would like to do mine also. Ours seem to either be stretching or roller springs getting weaker. This is a two person job!!!!!

hitchup
07-27-2010, 08:45 AM
The wedge pillows didn't work for us. Lost air and flew out.

Ours have already developed some tears from the intense wind this Spring/Summer. Trying to figure out when we can schedule a trip to get two of the three replaced.

Motor31
07-27-2010, 09:50 AM
A solution a buddy of mine used was to locate a strap that went over the slide topper and added tension to it.

2blackdogs
07-28-2010, 07:03 AM
I just used cloths line rope and threw it up over the topper. It works.