PDA

View Full Version : Mosquito Bites.

martin redman
07-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Being of a very delicate nature, mosquito bites really bug me. I was bitten last week, and the bite site swelled and itched like crazy. Looking at a tub of Tuck's Wipes, I noticed that they are mostly witch hazel, and old remedy my wife's grandfather swore by for bruising. I tried one on the bite, and within a short time, no more itch, swelling left overnight.
See, you can find alternative uses for those 'old folk' medications.

hitchup
07-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Prevention is even more important.

Heard a news report yesterday, Dengue Fever is showing up on some of those bitten down in the FL Keys.

parklandgroupohio
11-26-2010, 05:08 AM
What can I use to prevent being bitten by mosquitoes? Wearing pants and jackets could be very uncomfortable at times, especially when it's hot.

Motor31
11-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Mosquito repellent with DEET is the best option IMO. My step son in Louisiana says the new small area (individual really) repellent burners are effective when he's out in the swampy woods. (I can't think of the name of the darn things right now, more CRS) You can find them in wallyworld or camping stores. They use a small propane style cartridge and a repellent patch that works when heated. The unit hangs on your belt. I went hunting with him last October using the regular Deep Wood Off with DEET and he used the new belt unit. Both of us were pretty free of skeeters for several hours including into the evening.