PDA

View Full Version : Whistler/Pemberton to Lillooet

martin redman
07-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Wow; That road is a killer, driving our 07 Dodge 3500 with a Montana in tow, we were sweating it on the uphill, and breathing sighs of relief on the down side. The road to the top is very steep, lots of bends and will be avoided by this camper in the future. I would enjoy it on a motor bike, but never again with the 5th wheel.
Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court is a great site, lots of room,pull in-pull out, and bus service into Banff.
Alta Lake State Park in WA State was a hit, just water and power, beautifull location, but the toilets were disgusting.
Wallmart, as always, proved very convenient.

kelly
07-27-2010, 03:11 PM
I've had treks like that. The Smokey Mountains trip was like that for me. I had no clue if we would fit on the trail and make it up all those steep inclines. It was so dangerous that I wouldn't ever try it again. I'm just glad we made up and then back home in one piece!

RoyM
10-29-2010, 10:15 PM
We came down the hwy 99 hill above Pemberton with our fiver behind a Ram diesel, really paid to stay on top of things. :D We will be upgrading the trailer in the spring, will definitely want a Pac brake for grades like that.

martin redman
10-30-2010, 02:11 AM
Glad you got down ok.
We have had a jake brake on this truck since new. And have appreciated more and more.
That Hill is quite something, I will not do it again, well not with a 5th wheel behind me.