PDA

View Full Version : front body sag problems

Gcooper
01-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Hello all, new to the site. We have an older(see signature)5th wheel. last 2-3 trips out with it I have noticed some damage to the body right above where the pin box comes out. It looks as if the the pin box is ramming up into the body there. Has anyone else ever had or seen a problem like this. I am hoping it is not frame damage as this is a nice paid for 5ver! thanks!! :)

billr
01-20-2010, 12:23 PM
That could be a nasty one no doubt. One thing that is possible, check that its not rotting wood under the covering. If that happens it can appear that the pinbox is gone up inside, but its the lower skin had dropped.

You may be in for tearing the skin off and checking it out. You then will see the structure to see if there is further issues there.

Good luck!

Bill

usandthreedogs
02-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Most likely your problem is the wall has broken loose from the frame. the older style 5vers bolted the walls to the side of the metal frame. the bolts sheer or the 2x4 studs crack allowing the front to sag. It can be repaired, expensive if you pay someone but doable if you do it yourself. Plan on taking the side sheetmetal off and looking at the studs at the bottom of the wall. I'll bet you'll see missing, broken, or stripped out lagbolts on one or both sides and across the front.

Barney