PDA

View Full Version : plastic storage containers

The Spices
10-27-2009, 05:57 AM
We have a new Suite! The 36' has a larger basement than our 32TK3 did. I am looking for the best storage container arrangement for the basement (we have the generator and extra battery boxes). I am thinking of stacking plastic bins. I'm sure some of you have probably been through several size containers and arrangements (as we did with the 32) before coming up with the most efficient and convenient use of the space. We opted not to get the storage tray this time because of the weight and loss of space. Looking for ideas!
Thanks

terry and jo
10-27-2009, 08:11 AM
While size is dependent on what you are storing, you may need different sizes. However, I do recommend those that have a snap on lid and those that are clear enough to see inside.

Failing to go with the clear tubs, should you choose other types, make an inventory as you store items in the tubs and number the tubs with a corresponding number on your inventory list. Then, if you need a particular item, the inventory list will tell you which number of tub to look for to keep from searching every tub.

Congratulations on the new unit.

Terry

hitchup
10-27-2009, 06:55 PM
We used some of the same totes from our 2006 ES and put into the MS. They are at Lowe's or Home Depot.They are semi-opaque and have a split top. They stack two with room on top for brooms and wash wands....

The ES didn't have a sliding tray, but the MS does. There is less room on top for brooms, but enough. With all the same size, it's easier to move them around and not worry about a certain order. I've labeled outside, but labels tend to fall off.

jbeletti
10-27-2009, 10:07 PM
I don't have a DRV product but I do have a storage solution. I use storage containers called "keeps". I get them at Sam's Club and Costco. Sometimes they have blue lids, other times black lids. They are about $6 each and hold up very well. I stack them 2 units high. In the attached image, I had them 2 high and 2 deep. In my last rig I had them 2 high by 2 wide. Same for the other end. So I use 8 of them with a ton of room between for the grill, chairs, dog cages etc.

Jim

on edit: reduced image size for better screen formatting

The Spices
10-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the ideas. This is what i had in mind. I'll check around more for various containers, sick of the usual ones from WalMart, Target, etc. splitting and cracking.

Motor31
10-29-2009, 10:51 AM
I use a larger plastic sealed bin for the extra sewer hoses we travel with. The small 10' one often is too short for the space we park in. The single built in storage tube in the trailer will only hold the shorter one and of course won't store the extra fittings and clear elbow we use.