PDA

View Full Version : New 2009 Mobile Suites slide gears breaking

TVA
10-11-2009, 09:13 AM
We have a new 2009 Mobile Suites - 36RSSB3. Have had it only 3 months. Had 3 slides break. 1st slide to break on door side because bolts were put in wrong. 2nd and 3rd slide break was on off door side. 3rd time slide broke on way home from having it fixed.
Linoleum ripped from slide breaking. Dealers don't fix that , we have to find some one to do that ourselves. They will send linoleum to us.
Also have trouble with nails coming out of woodwork at base of both slides along the couch area.
The drip tray leaks in the fridge. Hopefully that issue has been resolved.
Have paint chipping on edge of door.
Anyone having these issues?

wingnut60
10-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Scroll down on the opening page to the DRV section--this is where all the Mobile/Elite/Select owners mostly post. Might get noticed more there.

I thought that Doubletree (DRV) was holding up on the quality of their units--sounds like this one might be an exception. Have you thought of taking it back to the factory?
Joe

TVA
10-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Scroll down on the opening page to the DRV section--this is where all the Mobile/Elite/Select owners mostly post. Might get noticed more there.

I thought that Doubletree (DRV) was holding up on the quality of their units--sounds like this one might be an exception. Have you thought of taking it back to the factory?
Joe

I'm new to as how to run this site.......

We will contact the DRV in Howe tomorrow. We have talked to 3 different dealers and all tell us the same thing........they don't fix issues like paint and linoleum. Very frustrating.
I have to say that I do really like our Mobile Suites (other than the problems). The plant shuts down at some point during the year - with our luck, it will be when we can make the trip. Its a long haul to Howe.

wingnut60
10-11-2009, 10:24 AM
I understand DRV to be pretty good about pre-authorizing warranty repairs at selected dealers. Might try that approach when you talk to them. By the way, we have a 4+ yr old (2+ for us) trailer that hasn't caused us any major repair situations.