PDA

View Full Version : handle for spare on MS does not line up

jas24
08-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Does anyone else have the problem with the crank handle hole for the spare tire beimg too high & a real pain to try to get spare down?
Thanks

morscuba
08-14-2009, 07:09 AM
I know on mine, the crank moves from side to side and up and down. I have to angle the crank handle to line it up. I don't know if thats on all units or you and I are just special. I know if you had to drop it at night you better have a good light and are way off the road cause it could be real dangerous.

BobW
08-14-2009, 12:04 PM
When we first got our Elite, I had to ask the salesman what the hole was for. There was nothing inside to indicate what it was. Yes, the drive end isn't lined up with the hole. I think this is a case of cut the hole and hope it lines up after both parts are married together. Never works. You would expect that a $100,000 plus RV would have this one thing covered.

BobW
08-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Does anyone else have the problem with the crank handle hole for the spare tire beimg too high & a real pain to try to get spare down?
Thanks

I forgot, maybe it's the handle and not the hole. :D

Red Ram
08-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Bob, you would also expect on a $100,00 rig to have a decent, and readable, owners manual with pictures instead of the rag that comes with it. Even the cheapest automobiles comes with a good discription of all functions. Sorry but this one of my pet peeves, but I really like my trailer.

bstark
08-14-2009, 08:59 PM
There was an offer made to DRV by someone with a computer sciences background to compile a CD owner's manual (forum moderator, are you out there) and we all had high hopes for that to take off but after considerable work was done I guess DRV demured.

jas24
08-15-2009, 07:31 AM
Bob, you would also expect on a $100,00 rig to have a decent, and readable, owners manual with pictures instead of the rag that comes with it. Even the cheapest automobiles comes with a good discription of all functions. Sorry but this one of my pet peeves, but I really like my trailer.

I agree!!

sje
08-15-2009, 07:48 AM
on my 2007 select suite 36tk3, i have yet to find the handle to crank down the spare. I have looked in the basement but have not seen anything that looks like a handle for this, Can anyone with a select suite help me out. sje :?:

wingnut60
08-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Didn't get mine new, but handle was laying in rear compartment opposite the elec compartment. I couldn't see it at first, but eventually found it and it works ok, even with the uneven lineup with the hole.