PDA

View Full Version : want a dishwasher

missourijan
08-02-2009, 02:55 PM
I called Tom Peck at Drv to see if they had ever put one in. They have and sent me an email as to which one they installed. Is anyone on this forum the lucky one to have it? Could you post a picture? I have the tk3 and he said they put it in the center island to the right or left of the sink.

jdwilson3
08-02-2009, 03:15 PM
We were going to install one, however, the paper plates get soggy and the styrofoam cups melt.

wingnut60
08-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Doing the paper plates in the sink has the same results.

The used TK3 we bought had the dishwasher in already--works pretty good if you don't overload it (1 plate, 1 place setting, haha). My wife says at first she thought it was unnecessary, but now says she really likes it.

Joe

hitchup
08-03-2009, 05:33 PM
While at the factory tour in July of 2008, another Suite owner from WA State said their friends had DRV extend the Island and add a drawer style Fisher/Paykel (SP) DW that they already owned. We intended to do that, but decided we wanted the end cabinet space instead.

jbeletti
08-04-2009, 11:15 PM
I don't have a DRV unit but I do have a Fisher&Paykel single drawer dishwasher in my coach and I like it. My wife was not enamored with the idea but she likes it now as well. We lost the over space but we bake in the convection/micro and it does well.

If you can afford the loss of the space that the dishwasher occupies, and you'd like the to have one - this is a great one.

A dishwasher in an RV is a luxury for sure. For what it's worth, I use the dishwasher more than my wife does. I RV a lot alone and am not to fond of doing dishes. I also entertain a bit on the road so I do have a load of dishes to do every 2 or 3 days. Works for me :)

Jim

Link: http://www.fisherpaykel.com/dishwashing/