PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove the fireplace?

anijet
08-01-2009, 01:37 PM
I need to get to the sub-woofer but haven't figured out how to remove the fireplace for access. Can someone give me information on removal?

Thanks in advance.
Leo

layne
08-01-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm guessing your fireplace is like ours. You pull the wood-looking (they are really like styrofoam) panels off, then take the screws out of the marble facade. From there, you pull the fireplace out. That is where the sub woofer is. One of the screws holding the marble pieces in was in kind of wrong and it kept the fireplace from coming out as easily as it should. When it went back in, we changed the position of that screw.

RGordon
08-01-2009, 10:43 PM
I removed my fireplace and moved the sub-woofer to the side cabinet where I can get to the controls. I put velcro to the fake wood front panels so I can get the fireplace out if it need to be. They have not moved since I reinstalled them.

anijet
08-02-2009, 11:04 AM
You pull the wood-looking (they are really like styrofoam) panels off,

Are these the vertical trim pieces on both sides of the fireplace? How are they secured from the factory? One is a little loose but the other is really secure.

layne
08-02-2009, 01:58 PM
they have staples in them and you get a screwdriver and kind of work it back and forth and gradually pull those panels off. When you put them back, you might have to put screws in them. Steve said if he had to get to the sub woofer, he'd take out the drawers, cut out a square about mid ways back (it's made from thin panelling) and get to the controls to the sub woofer. Ours is mounted to the floor with controls facing toward the sofa. It would keep you from having to take out the fireplace again.

anijet
08-02-2009, 05:57 PM
OK, got it. I think I'll try the hole in the side panel. I want to just reach in and turn it off or better yet, unplug it. I have it disconnected in the entertainment center and it hums now. Our universal remote display melted one very hot day and we never used the suround sound or DVD player so I pulled out all the components we didn't use, installed wire shelves, and installed both satellite DVR and receivers with the Motosat modem and controller.

Thanks for the help!