PDA

View Full Version : leak

GlennWest
07-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Well, I'm just getting adjusted to this rv lifestyle and we got a good hard rain today and I've developed a leak at the antenna crank. Please inform this greenhorn on repairs. Thanks and God bless.

wingnut60
07-31-2009, 03:18 PM
There is a rubber boot on the cable going from the antenna down thru the antenna housing that is the usual cause of such a leak. Check to see that it is completely down over the cable fitting. If it is cracked/broken, just caulk with silicone around the cable where it goes into the fitting.
Simple fix if that is where the water is getting in--while up there, check the caulking around the housing base--could be dried out, cracked and possibly needs recaulking also.
Joe

GlennWest
07-31-2009, 05:33 PM
The top of the cable boot didn't seal good. Had a gap in it. Put some silicone around the cable and boot. Wasn't crack just too big a hole. Caulking looked good at antenna and everywhere else too. Thanks again.

rverdlm
08-01-2009, 10:07 PM
I hope that was your leak, but it may not be. water will get into the ceiling area and then will drip at some place where it can. That is not always where the leak is. Good luck!

GlennWest
08-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Yea, that crossed my mind too. All the seams looked good. I'm going to keep a close eye on it. Rained rather hard for about an hour. Wasn't a lot of water. Thanks and God bless.