PDA

View Full Version : How do I lift the trailer?

Mikey
04-09-2009, 12:07 PM
I want to grease the suspension.
I need to take some weight off the suspension, maybe remove the wheels - one at a time, so...........
Where do I put the jack with the magnum (TrailAire) suspension?
Can I jack from the centre (even though it says no too)?

RonS
04-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Maybe you could pull one wheel of the trailer up on some boards which will lift the other wheel off the ground. That is what I did once when I needed to remove a tire, but that was not on a DRV, but its an easy try. I dont know what your trying to grease, but if its the shackle bolts, you do not need to remove the tires. If the bolts will not take grease just turn the bolt 1/4 turn at a time until it will take grease.
Good luck!!

billr
04-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Mikey,

If I need to lift just one wheel, I put the jack under the leaf spring bolt plate. Even though this isn't the recommended way, it should cause no harm. Don't jack on the axle tube or place a jack stand there. It will bend.

If you need to lift the whole side, then use some big timbers and jack right on the frame in front and behind the tires. THIS is the recommended way for any jacking even for one wheel. You should use some kind of stand or timbers under the frame after jacking for safety if your going under or taking off a wheel for maint.

Remember, you need to raise the rear stabs, and its best to have the trailer on the truck and not the front jacks. They will equalize but its better on the truck.

Bill

ponch
04-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Mikey

Do you have the level up?

If so just raise the side up .

Stripit
04-09-2009, 09:51 PM
You will have a very hard time just turning the bolt as they have a serrated edge that locks the bolt into place. To turn it you will need to hammer it out far enough to get the serrated part out then turn it and reinstall. Been there and done that, not as easy as it sounds..