PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

2 DA WDS
03-09-2009, 05:38 PM
When we go fulltime we will need to change our insurance. We will be living in the camper on a lot that we own and will need liability coverage for that as well as coverage for the camper and its contents and improvements on the lot(shed, deck & equipment). Is anyone else in a similar situation and who do you have insurance with?

keithandpenne
03-09-2009, 07:53 PM
We had ours with Progressive but have changed to Allied for a lot less money. Both have full-timers coverage which includes liability as well as personal property coverage for items in storage. It does not provide coverage for an owned lot but I would check with your agent for the proper coverages.

Huck
03-10-2009, 09:13 AM
We are fulltimers and we have separate policies for our lot in PA. and our MS.

Remember too, that most(or all) home owners policies don't cover registerd vehicles.. Like in my case I have to have other policies for my MS, ATV and motorcycle.

My fulltimers insurance for my MS is trough Foremost and my ATV is with Progressive and my motorcycle is with Aegis...

It pays to shop around..

ponch
03-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Tom

Remember when Farm & City was at Amana and they gave S.O.I.T.C. members a discount.

You might give them a call and see what they can do.

I was with Progressive and they beat them quite a bit.

I'm not full time as you know but it's worth a call.

Motor31
03-10-2009, 01:07 PM
I also use Farm and City and have been happy with them for over 5 years now. They fully understand the fulltimer issues. They are also a broker and can check multiple companies for a better rate. They just shaved over $400 on my renewal this year with a change in insurers with the same coverage.

missourijan
03-10-2009, 04:27 PM
We are fulltimers and have National Interstate through RV America. Did a check this year with Progressive, they were over $300 a year higher. RV America is 800-400-0186.