PDA

View Full Version : Backup Camera system

ponch
03-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Does anyone have the factory Camera backup system on their 08 or 09 unit?

If so how is it working and how well is the picture?

Would you order it again or go for an aftermarket?

morscuba
03-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Yes to all of the above ,,I got the camera so I could watch the Motorcycle.. Good Pic,,(as good as you can get with a 5 inch screen) Yes I would get it again.. I did have one warranty issue.. I got into some below zero temps last year and some moisture got into the camera and fogged the lense plate,, Woody the owner of the company got me a new camera ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. have had no other problems.. I just bought another camera to put on the back of the freightliner so I can look at the hitch and the bike..and watch the SmartCar,, with just a push you can flip back and forth between C1 and C2

BobW
03-06-2009, 04:27 PM
I got my camera on line. It just happened to be the same size as the nav lights in the back of the RV. So, I used the center nav light hole. I ran a RCA cord under the RV to the hitch. Now I just plug it into the truck. For a monitor I use a Panasonic GPS. The 12 volts that it needs comes from the nav lights.

layne
03-07-2009, 05:46 PM
We got the factory installed one, had the same problem shown above--moisture on the lens and had to replace that under warranty. We've also had an issue with the plug and can't seem to remedy this one--Steve replaced the coax twice and it works for a while, but then stops. Don't know if it's a short in the line, the plug itself or the screen. It kind of works sometimes and then stops. We've about given up on it, but when it works, it's great.