PDA

View Full Version : Electric Flush Toilet 07 Elite Suite #3633 38Rl3

mcfarlak
03-04-2009, 08:27 PM
The electric flush toilet will not stop flushing. I have pulled the switch wires to stop it from automatically flushing, but had to finally pull the 20 amp fuse. Now I have a non working toilet. I just tried putting the fuse back in and it continously flushes. Any help would be appreciated.

Cordially,
Ken

ponch
03-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Sounds like there emay be a wireing problem or maybe just the switch itself.

Good Luck.

Keep us posted.

ponch
03-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Sounds like there may be a wiring problem or maybe just the switch itself.

Good Luck.

Keep us posted.

mcfarlak
03-05-2009, 08:20 AM
I disconnected the switch itself, pulled all three wires, and the toilet continued to flush until I pulled the fuse. Going to call the factory this morning.

Cordially,
Ken

Motor31
03-05-2009, 10:06 AM
If you isolated the switch and it still flushes you have a short in there somewhere. I'm glad now that I have an old fashioned manual one. I would hate to be in a situation with a dead batery and one of those units.

layne
03-05-2009, 09:32 PM
The same thing happened to us on the road. Steve had to take the switch off the wall. We called sealand and they sent us parts--all it took was a new switch. We learned right quick how to manually flush it.

mcfarlak
03-06-2009, 09:11 AM
How do you manually flush, and will the ball close clmpletely. I called SeaLand and they are sending me a new switch. How hard is it to replace the switch?

Cordially,
Ken

layne
03-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Follow the instructions--very easy. Take off the back cover and you will see a tab to press to manually flush. It takes a lot of pressure on it so you'll feel like you're pressing too hard, but that's what you have to do. If you have the instructions that came with the toilet, it is also in there on what to do. Email back if you have a problem. It really was an easy fix though we thought we were going to have big problems when it first happened. If sealand sends you a coax looking cord, you won't need it unless yours is different.

mcfarlak
03-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks Steve and Layne and all others too. I removed the back but the black pipe with red dot on top I tried pushing but afraid I will break it before it moves. Will the ball open and close by doing this? Afraid I will make it worse by pressing too hard.

Cordially,
Ken

layne
03-06-2009, 08:20 PM
It feels like you will break it, but you have to push hard. It goes slightly backwards and down with pressure. The ball will open up and it will flush.

layne
03-06-2009, 08:23 PM
mcfarlak, it has a suction on it and it springs, so it will bounce back. It is spring loaded so it does have pressure on it, but it won't break it. Also, Steve said you can switch the wires on the switch and it will flush, but won't add water. You can still use it until the switch comes in.

mcfarlak
03-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks again. Do you tow your bug behind the Elite 07?

layne
03-07-2009, 05:41 PM
If we're not towing the cargo trailer with trike in it, we're towing the VW bug. Seems like we want too many toys.

mcfarlak
03-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Did DT install your hitch or did you have the hitch installed aftermarket. How hard was it to install? and did you have to move any of the fiberglas body work?

Cordially,
Ken

layne
03-08-2009, 09:39 PM
We got our hitch installed by Steve Edwards in Granbury--Bennetts (our dealer) got them to do it before we took possession of the trailer. Steve did a good job, said DT trailers are the best he's worked with and can haul plenty of weight. He welded it on the frame, 1/2 inch plate, we've had no problems at all and trust it completely.