PDA

View Full Version : Elite, Mobile or Select?

Grampie
02-10-2009, 10:06 AM
I asked these question on the SOITC forum, but I don't think they know the answers. Does anybody here know?

1) What is the diffrence between Elite, Mobile or Select?

2) Where can I find weights and measurments? I can't find them on company site.

3) Who is the best dealer? Anywhere between Florida and New England.

Thanks,
Grampie

Gemstone
02-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Yeah, IMO, that "other" web site leaves a little to be desired.

Elite = Cadillac = heavy = tons of options/upgrades available

Mobile = Buick = lighter = fewer options/upgrades available

Select = Chevy = lightest = fewest options/upgrades available

I can tell you the weight of our '06 unit, but it will no doubt be different than an '09, and will vary depending on the options you choose. Ours was 16,540 pounds, completely empty, but equipped with granite counters and steps.

As for the "best"...kinda depends on what your definition of best is. Best price ? Best service ? Best personality ? These are all subjective and can vary depending on the economy, your ability to negotiate, inventory on hand, etc.

We were satisfied with our transaction with:
Customer First RV, in Memphis, IN, but we've never been back, and couldn't tell you whether they are still in business.

My suggestion is to keep asking questions, and visit the dealers of your choice, to form your own opinion. This 5th wheel forum site gets a ton of traffic by DTV owners, some on the rv.net site and some on escapees site.

Good luck

Regards
Gemstone

BobW
02-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Elite = Lot's of money
Mobile = Middle of the money list
Select = Not so much money

terry and jo
02-11-2009, 07:38 PM
As you can see, most have told of the quality differences. In respect for your request on weights, most Doubletree dealers will have a document showing the floorplans and other specifications, including weights.

While I have not found a similar online document for 2009, the link below will take you to a site where there is an Adobe file (pdf) with information on 2008 models.

I also posted this on the SOITC forum in case you check there too.

http://www.doubletreervsuites.com/allFloorplans.pdf

billr
02-11-2009, 09:53 PM
2) Where can I find weights and measurments? I can't find them on company site.

Thanks,
Grampie

When you check out the specs, the measurments are fine, but be carefull with the weights. The wts posted are not very close to real world wts. Most that checked have found the actual wts to be quite a bit higher right out of the dealer. Our 38RL3 was over 1400lbs heavier and pin wt was 300lbs more than spec sheet. Suggest you go by the max GVWR 18K-20K depending what model and expect the pin to be very heavy, 3400-4000lb range. This is for MS and ES.

The SS will be less, not sure if they are closer to the spec sheet info.

I was expecting the spec wts and was not pleased to find the real wts. I had not found the forum before we bought. At least I would have been informed. Dealer was no help.

Bill