PDA

View Full Version : No longer camping

Gunship Guy
02-03-2009, 08:21 AM
We sold our Volvo and Mobile Suites yesterday. It's been a fun ride during our years of ownership but we're just too busy with work and high school sports to continue weekend camping.

We've truly enjoyed owning our Mobile Suites. It was excellent in every way. Never anything more than a couple very minor issues that were easily dealt with by me in a few minutes. The trailer never darkened the door of a dealership in 3 years of ownership.

If we ever purchase another 5th wheel it will definitely be a DRV product.

ponch
02-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Sorry to see you leaving however i can certainly understand.

Hope everything goes well for the two of you and your family.

Maybe we will see you back on the road later.

SEE YA BYE

rdunk
02-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Hey Gunship Guy, if you could just make one more tour with the firepower of that old AC-130, (or what ever model), it might make you glad again to get back out on the RV road!!! lol lol

Glad for your service, and glad you can still find ways to keep life fun!

I think i mentioned this once before, but so you will know where I am coming from, the company I worked for, built the first several C-130 gunships, in Texas. A truly really great tactical weapons system. Also have a friend and former classmate who was one of the officers in charge of the gunships/base at one of the Florida Air Force bases - Col. Bill Mainord, now Ret. Small world if you knew/know him.

Good luck, and "happy fly'in"!

Gunship Guy
02-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Robert,

I fly the AC-130U, a fairly new version of the venerable Gunship. In fact, 4 of our planes were built in the last couple of years.

After 7 tours in Afghanistan and Iraq and just completing a 2 year staff assignment at Langley, I'm content just sitting at home in FL for a while.

I don't know Col Mainord. Might have been before my time.

We still plan to do some traveling when time permits but will stay in hotels now.

Motor31
02-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Sorry you had to drop off the road for a while. Hopefully when you "stack arms" later on you'll be able to travel again. It's a great lifestyle being able to see this great country of ours.

Take care.