PDA

View Full Version : solvency of DRV

JBoldennew
01-08-2009, 11:41 PM
On the Yahoo Mobile Suite mail group there has been an ongoing thread about the new Dyna-Aire 5th wheel and how it is a copy of a mobile suite with one poster actually saying they knew the company bought a MS last year to copy.

What bothers me though, is someone made mention that DRV was ot of business.. Does someone know something we don't know?

ponch
01-09-2009, 06:13 AM
No they don't know anything of the such.

They are working as we speak. Just rumors from the rumor
mongers.

anijet
01-09-2009, 08:30 AM
The poster retracted the statement. They had misread a previous comment.

JOHN EVANS
01-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Rumors on the net is will help to close the doors of DRV. They are still building,and us older folks are still buying. Lets all help DRV stay in buisness by putting a stop to rumors. Thanks Ponch for your help in stopping rumors.

Gunship Guy
01-09-2009, 08:49 AM
No they don't know anything of the such.

They are working as we speak. Just rummers from the rummer
mongers.

Is a "rummer monger" a new type of refreshing alcoholic beverage?

nelsonraymond
01-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Hi
We were at the RV show yesterday at Mercedes in the RGV and saw 3- 2009's in the show. They were looking pretty good to us!

Janice

bstark
01-09-2009, 12:27 PM
In some ways, the manufacturer's are responsible for this because they've trimmed their operating costs to a minimum and that usually means the advertising budget gets chopped!

I don't know if I'm out on a tangent but wouldn't an advert run in all of the usual RV oriented magazines proclaiming something like "We are among the very few existing premiere fifth wheel builders and intend to remain so with our new 2009 offerings available now" and include some pictures of exterior and interior.

My feeling is that there are still "boomers" out there determined to live their dreams and if owning a quality 5'er is one of those dreams, we should not be hiding our light under a bushel but rather reaching out to those few folks.

ponch
01-09-2009, 03:52 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

That is why they have a spell checker- huh!

bstark
01-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Ponch, don't sweat the "rummer monger" thingy as we had those in the RCN at "tot time". Perhaps they were actually "rum spongers" but your name was close enough to bring back the memory of those guys that would hang around the quarterdeck waiting for guys who didn't drink their tot ration in front of the Duty Bos'un.

layne
01-09-2009, 07:47 PM
At the RV show in Mercedes displaying the DRV units, who is the dealer?

keithandpenne
01-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Bishop RV, Corpus Christi, Tx has several DRV units there.

hitchup
01-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Just My Opinion, since the changes are so dramatic and for the better the 2009's will be selling faster. When we looked at Bankston in Huntsville in August placing our order, they had quite a few 2009's to tour. Including a 38TKSB that came in after we placed our order.

The week before we placed our order, they had taken a custom order for a 2009 Elite. We opted for a MS this time. Last week, no 2009's in stock at any at their 4 locations. Ditto for today.

JBoldennew
01-10-2009, 09:28 AM
This is so silly it is almost funny.

I started this post by accurately stating what I read on the other mail group. Yes, the poster later retracted her statement, after my post to this forum. I was only doing what I always do. VERIFY INFORMATION FROM A SECOND SOURCE. I was NOT trying to start rumors. I too was concerned and am an ardent MS fan.

Geesh! Let's all be happy our favorite manufacturer is still running.